New (jet board) build discussion thread

Wont that just balance the amp load of the same diameter? Bruno from APS is working with me right now…

There is no direct way to contact Bruno. You have to submit “Contact Us” forms in order to send any type of questions. So far my experience with the contact is insane. He’s either not reading the questions I have, doesn’t understand them or it’s a general reply. Stay tuned.

I set up a meeting with him tomorrow. Lets see if he attends.

EITHER WAY i’m looking for other motor manufacturers.

Idea’s gents? Maytech’s prices are kinda bonkers but i put a request in with them just to see.

the way is see thing, it is about torque needed, for sure outrunner have more torque, but the bigger they are the lower the kv you found, rpm is may be not a probleme with your jet… yes load will be split on two “underworking” motors instead of a bigger one, but i think two 6384 would offer a higher efficency than a 80100, and a higher kv rang for a single jet , just like onean did and i never read about motor problem

what would be really interessing is the measure the rpm drop on your jet set up ( assuming the battery hold up with minimal voltage drop under max load)

and to keep voltage low…, my first efoil setup (8s) was running well and fast, on high amp (130-240A) indeed, but not the much trouble with 10awg , cheap lipo…at the end

i may be wrong but the amp limit comes after the “14s” limit in watersport, at least that one thing i don’t want to find out

Great minds think alike friend. This is the subject matter motor. I’m essentially asking if i can get it in 250Kv. Highest KV i saw for the 80100 was 200kv and on 18s. Which would be fine by the way… i’d try that exact motor but out of stock. One of the things i challenged Bruno to answer was motor availability.

" PLEASE NOTE: Alien Electronics LTD adopts a continuous development program which sometimes necessitates specification changes without notice. Pictures of products and information in the instructions manual are for reference only and can be changed without notice at any time. Colors of goods are subject to stock availability"

So i’m a supplier quality engineer. Someone who puts that blanket statement on their product is essentially saying it is not their product. He has no control over the supply chain. These are Chineese motors sourced by him and that’s why the price is as low as it is. I doubt he will be able to supply any custom motor KV unless it’s coupled with an order of 50-100 or more.

with the free version , you can simulate some motor, like the tp100-350kv
with the tfl 56mm i end up around 3nm at 7000rpm for 100A like your test

with the tp100-350kv to stay around 100A at 19000rpm for 55v, it gave me 3nm also for 95% efficiency, so i guess torque would rise as thrust and rpm

the tp100-350kv can give 10nm of torque and stay under 80°C with a good cooling , but this needs 370A…

running the tp100-350 on 6s like the SSS : we gain about 300w

if i read correctly your simulation, you double the rpm,about same kv: voltage x2, torque/thrust x2 = power x4 - 10-20% using the correct size motor

Use that same calculator but with the TP100 (120kv). Use 8nm as the goal @ 15,000rpm. It pulls 125v to achieve it at 100a but shows 96.5% efficiency of 13kw.

Then we modify the jet to load 15k rpm at 100a and take advantage of all 13kw electrical power. Thats kinda what i want to do currently. I dont know 100v is any more dangerous than 50v when it gets dunked into water. Just need to take some serious steps a short-out can’t happen and if it does it blows the bms or fuse instead of the pack.

13kw @ 8nm in american is 18hp/5.9ft-lbs

Also second guessing what i said there. There probably is a safe limit of voltage at some point here. A short circuit to your feet could literally mean death at these voltages. Not just injury.

This makes things simpler in terms of power goal but also more complex in terms of wanting a single jet design. If we keep the 50v safety limit with the 100a heat limit you have a solid 5000w limitation per drive. If you want a 10kw board you’d NEED two jets and wiring(battery) that’s cool with 200a loads.

Chat to these guys about motors: https://www.freerchobby.cc/

I would say the safest limit is 14S. Explanations here :

That’s also why most of the jetboards are running 12S or 14S maximum. You’ll need a solid 200A ESC but that’s still doable.

Btw, anyone willing to share some technical specs on the Radinn boards ? I don’t find any info on their battery / jet diameter, impeller, motor or whatever…

re Radinn boards,
I would love to get a board template of it!
I love the way they look. However they are pretty thick!
The EXPLORE and FREERIDE are 17 cm thick, and the CARVE is 16 cm!

Efoil boards are also in the range of 13-15cm thick to put the battery in it :wink:

Well I am more interested to know what inside (technically speaking) :rofl: :rofl: So far the only info I found is that they use a 12kW motor for their fastest jetpack ! Would someone with some more info dare to chime in :thinking:?

1 Like

My version 1 of the jetboard is 10cm. The motor box is 1 cm higher. So theoretically 11 cm should be enough. The new board we are building will be 13 cm thick.
And yes. Sure we are also interested in the electronic / motor / jet info.

Yeah i’m starting to think they went with a TP100. I can get one wound to 15,000rpm @ 58v too. Only motors rated to that type of wattage on a single unit. The thickness also helps with buoyancy. You could have a shorter board that is thicker and still float without moving. Then when you do plane you have less surface area on the water.

The Raddin boards look super broad by the looks of it.
Has to be pretty stable when riding

wonder if you have see other’s comments. the waterproof is done to the connection between battery and the motors. the compartment itself is not waterproof. this is the popular design among lift, fliteboard and waydoo.

1 Like

Agreed. I personally love the design. The thickness makes sense when you consider those things, and trying to cram in a 10cm/4" motor in there. Some 250 cells to make up the battery will take up some space too. What i’m starting to get concerned about is design weight. TP100 and a pack to run it i’m seeing around 30lbs/14kg. That’s no board, jet or esc yet… though those are the lighter variety.

Yes the Raddin Explorer and Freeride do look broad, but the Carve does not.
The board we are shaping now is 190 cm by max width 70 by 13 cm thick.
Doing the maths gives us around 170 liters!. Way bigger than what I’m riding now (just over 100 liters)
It is the thickness from the new board causing the liters to be so big.
We might chop some from the nose (10cm), and could do the same with the tail.
After this the volume will be around 150 liters.
This will also bring the max width even more back… Could be a good thing.
However… A short board could also be a bit more nerves when riding!

1 Like

That’s them!!! They totally look like the supplier for the 83100 line Alienpowersystems carries. Bruno couldn’t make the meeting today so i was left with continuing the search for new options. I’m straying from 83mm over to 100mm in consideration of the single jet.

Seems like Flipsky is receiving their motors from them too?
In any case, the flipsky 63xx motors for esk8 look awfully similar.

They are one of the motor manufacturers for a lot of esk8 motors.

What about an 80100 motor and an 80mm jet?
Or is this jet to large for this motor?

I don’t want to go any bigger then 80100 for the motor size because of space and cost, but I don’t know if a 60mm jet will be enough for good speeds

Btw I am not sure whether the 83100 (the watercooled version of the 80100) would be a big improvement over the 80100 when staying under 100 amps.