New (jet board) build discussion thread

Also second guessing what i said there. There probably is a safe limit of voltage at some point here. A short circuit to your feet could literally mean death at these voltages. Not just injury.

This makes things simpler in terms of power goal but also more complex in terms of wanting a single jet design. If we keep the 50v safety limit with the 100a heat limit you have a solid 5000w limitation per drive. If you want a 10kw board you’d NEED two jets and wiring(battery) that’s cool with 200a loads.

Chat to these guys about motors: https://www.freerchobby.cc/

I would say the safest limit is 14S. Explanations here :

That’s also why most of the jetboards are running 12S or 14S maximum. You’ll need a solid 200A ESC but that’s still doable.

Btw, anyone willing to share some technical specs on the Radinn boards ? I don’t find any info on their battery / jet diameter, impeller, motor or whatever…

re Radinn boards,
I would love to get a board template of it!
I love the way they look. However they are pretty thick!
The EXPLORE and FREERIDE are 17 cm thick, and the CARVE is 16 cm!

Efoil boards are also in the range of 13-15cm thick to put the battery in it :wink:

Well I am more interested to know what inside (technically speaking) :rofl: :rofl: So far the only info I found is that they use a 12kW motor for their fastest jetpack ! Would someone with some more info dare to chime in :thinking:?

1 Like

My version 1 of the jetboard is 10cm. The motor box is 1 cm higher. So theoretically 11 cm should be enough. The new board we are building will be 13 cm thick.
And yes. Sure we are also interested in the electronic / motor / jet info.

Yeah i’m starting to think they went with a TP100. I can get one wound to 15,000rpm @ 58v too. Only motors rated to that type of wattage on a single unit. The thickness also helps with buoyancy. You could have a shorter board that is thicker and still float without moving. Then when you do plane you have less surface area on the water.

The Raddin boards look super broad by the looks of it.
Has to be pretty stable when riding

wonder if you have see other’s comments. the waterproof is done to the connection between battery and the motors. the compartment itself is not waterproof. this is the popular design among lift, fliteboard and waydoo.

1 Like

Agreed. I personally love the design. The thickness makes sense when you consider those things, and trying to cram in a 10cm/4" motor in there. Some 250 cells to make up the battery will take up some space too. What i’m starting to get concerned about is design weight. TP100 and a pack to run it i’m seeing around 30lbs/14kg. That’s no board, jet or esc yet… though those are the lighter variety.

Yes the Raddin Explorer and Freeride do look broad, but the Carve does not.
The board we are shaping now is 190 cm by max width 70 by 13 cm thick.
Doing the maths gives us around 170 liters!. Way bigger than what I’m riding now (just over 100 liters)
It is the thickness from the new board causing the liters to be so big.
We might chop some from the nose (10cm), and could do the same with the tail.
After this the volume will be around 150 liters.
This will also bring the max width even more back… Could be a good thing.
However… A short board could also be a bit more nerves when riding!

1 Like

That’s them!!! They totally look like the supplier for the 83100 line Alienpowersystems carries. Bruno couldn’t make the meeting today so i was left with continuing the search for new options. I’m straying from 83mm over to 100mm in consideration of the single jet.

Seems like Flipsky is receiving their motors from them too?
In any case, the flipsky 63xx motors for esk8 look awfully similar.

They are one of the motor manufacturers for a lot of esk8 motors.

What about an 80100 motor and an 80mm jet?
Or is this jet to large for this motor?

I don’t want to go any bigger then 80100 for the motor size because of space and cost, but I don’t know if a 60mm jet will be enough for good speeds

Btw I am not sure whether the 83100 (the watercooled version of the 80100) would be a big improvement over the 80100 when staying under 100 amps.

The 80100 is going to be whats required from the 65mm jet i doubt it will do for 80mm but i have no idea. The problem with the 80100 is the power limit. It’s limited to 7000w if you use every bit of it’s power(we wont). You are hearing most board manufacturers are having 12kw power ratings to achieve what they do. So if you want two 65mm jets you could totally run the 80100. I want a 12kw single-jet board, so to the 100mm motors i go.

1 Like

And on what jet size?

I don’t know yet. I need to test the load of my jet at and near 20k rpm. At full RPM my jet theories to hit 90lbs of thrust for around 5-6kw. I can begin increasing the pressure (but i think its already 60psi at full speed) to achieve more speed/velocity out of the jet and that will increase power and load. Perhaps to the degree where it makes 150~lbs of thrust at the same size with the right load.

The blank is almost done. The tuck and tail still needs to be shaped. We are going to leave the rails as is. It’s giving the board a kind of stealth look.
The front bottom part has a concave in it. About 1/2 it splits into double concave. Not sure if this is a good thing or not.

After this we will cut the jet and battery box.

It is fun shaping it, but wow… what a mess…

Sharpen the rear section of the rails like a surfboard. They will give you more “bite” when you turn and improve your turning. Look at the shape of the rails on the jetsurf boards.