New waterproof remote (Vincent's build)

The only thing Im using is the Metr module, Im running the remote with pwm slot on my Trampa VESC. Do you have a picture of your setup? Do you use any bluetooth devices?

I also had a problem when I tried to use the Maytech without the extension. I have been using the 2.4Ghz Maytech remote with an antenna extension and it works great. I have been flying all summer.

Sniper, what do you use the flipsky bluetooth modul for?

@Vincentbraillard I have bought the ufl connectors and two types of 433mhz antennas but I have not had time to install them. I really think my hatch is so thick 8 layers in the back and durable that it is blocking any signal coming from outside in combination with the water interference. I will keep everyone updated. My second build will be made from normal fiberglass. Maybe this will make a difference.

1 Like

I made my hatch with 4 layers of carbon. The signal with 868Mhz comes through quite well.

We are not using any other Bluetooth devices in the box. (We will in the efoil when it’s ready).
The box itself is 2 layers of carbon (160 gram) and some layers of glass. The lid is 6 layers of carbon (160 gram).
We are on vacation at this moment and I do not have any pictures of the setup.
When back home again I will take some and post them here.

Hi,
I also bought this remote in the spring this year to be able to have a good working remote instead of my maytech in zipbag for water protection.
I still haven’t got it working in either of my two setups :frowning:
My maytech remotes works well without any problems in my setup, aluminum box, inflatable board.
I have bought a external 433 MHz antenna but still no success :frowning:
I regret I bought this and would have much rather bought four maytech remotes for the same price I payed for this.

I have to understand @Vince here. It is super hard to design a product and deliver it. That is also the reason my remote is so delayed. Reliability, safety and quality need to be accomplished in order to provide a good product. I’m working effortlessly to meet these goals, but it is definitely not easy.

Br
Felix

2 Likes

Guys,
any recommendation which esc/vesc works best with Vincents remote?

I would recomend to not buy Vincents remote.
I did the big misstake and did that last year.
I got a non working one, probably with a faulty transmitter/receiver. It lost connection from time to time and is not possible to use.
I never got it to work and he did not even consider pay me back his profit on The unit.

Felix did The right thing and changed his design when he detected issues with 433Mhz chips and went on 2.4ghz instead.

Bought also Vincents remote in 2020. He forgot to add the charger. But one PN was enough and he sent me the charger. Can’t believe that he didn’t try to solve your problem.
Anyway, you wrote about a “aluminium box”. I have a MALA inflatable. Do you have some pictures of your box?

Hello
Thanks a lot @Inox I’m happy to see your are happy with the remote. We have spoke a lot with @heddan99 but without founding any solutions. I have done all my possibility to help him. Almost all other customer are happy with the remote and I sell it from the beginning without any guaranty. this was clear. I begin to build a remote for my self only and because it works well on my side, I wanna to help the community! Remote cost me one full day to build and I almost win nothing one it!

I’m very sorry for Heddan99 to see it still doesn’t work ;-(

Hello. I would recommend all VESC. it works well. Or also the “hobbywing-seaking-130a-v3-hv-brushless-esc”. I use this one from 3 years now

Did you get your working good?
I heard some People got it working well, but then a couple like me and wushbush that never got it working even if we tested with external antennas etc.

I tried it outside my aluminium box also with the same result.

The only solution for The problem is probably to change The receiver /transponder that is most probably defect. (my guess)
I asked him What The component cost was

** Vincent **
Hello.

The component cost is about 230 euros has is done on small batch
** heddan **
Ok, maybe you could consider to transfer back at least 70 euro for my remote that never worked.

I have not heard anything from him after that (September last year).

@heddan99 again sorry to hear it. but you should understand 2 thinks: first I have spend a lot to try to make it work. all remote are tested with shipping. I have exchange 86 personal message together… We can say I have try to help you a lot!

Meanwhile my order conditions was clear and you accept it by ordering it!

It’s because of that I stop to sell my remote…

Well, I thought you did some good testing before you send Them out. Obviously you did not, because, at least two People got non working examples.
I learned my lesson the hard way and spent way to many hours on this faulty remote.
At least it is good for you that you did some profit on it.

Sorry to listen that but After on year of ride with it i have no problem just little bit of water behind the screen After riding,resolved with a Other patch of silicon. …i test to sell my 2 remote for change for having collecting data option of Félix remote …but i don’t wan’t to sell it at a low Price so i prefer buy a waverx for do thé job :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Does anybody know what a blinking red light means while trying to setup this remote. I received one back in 2020 but had already shut down my project so I didn’t get a chance to try it out. I’m back to foiling using my Maytech remote but I would like to switch over. Thanks!

This is what we have in the manual (nothing about a blinking red led)

RGB LED:
a. Solid Green: OK
b. Blink Green: Waiting for remote connection
c. Solid Red: Over temperature (>80°C) or no sensor connected
d. Blink Purple: Leash open
e. Blink Blue: Flood sensor detect some water

Thanks. I have the manual, but I was hoping since it wasn’t there somebody might have seen the same thing.

Other than setting up the throttle in the VESC tool (center) per the instructions, was it pretty much just plug-and-play, like the Maytech remote?

1 Like

Yes, it was pretty much plug and play. You only need to have the temp sensor plugged in on the receiver, if not the red lamp will be on and overheat protection will kick in.
I hope you are one of the lucky ones that got a a good transmitter/receiver so you do not have a non working one that I and some other persons got.
It is working on land, but in water it is not working at all.

I didn’t read anywhere in the instructions that the temp sensor needed to be plugged in. That might be the issue. Thanks! I will try it today.