OKP's build - Another eFoil in France!

@okp , how did you crimp Amphenol connectors on the wires?

https://foil.zone/uploads/default/original/3X/2/f/2f81d9ab40e06ac2ee2f181d36ddbc90b9176101.jpeg

pneumatic tool. you need strong fit
FYI - I bought this @sonico

1 Like

I finally manage to find a custom shop that drilled through the Flite prop to make it 12mm

I also design a quick adapter for my motor to match the Flite propeller.

5 Likes

So how did they do it? Lathe, router or just drill press?

Nice job!!
does anyone knows how the true glide flite propeller runs …

I saw it is much more expensive but dont know if it’s a special bearing which allows the motor to drive the power to the propeller and let it free without power
thanks …

1 Like

drill press. In fact, I was surprised but the guy told me that the propeller has a bevel which enable a perfect fit for the tooling to drill. So it barely took seconds to do it.

thanks Thierry. I was worried on how to tighten the nut on the shaft but with a skate tool it works perfectly!

I’m now waiting for the 130mm/140mm M5 bolts and didn’t found any in France/Europe. I’ll got them from Aliexpress but it will take some days to arrive

Hey, getting back to the project. How beautiful is this piece of art ?! It was custom made by AFS.

5 Likes

I also got a super nice Felix Remote @Felixfoiler. Sharing some shots I took with afternoon. Quality is very good. Remotes fits perfectly in the hands. Good grip. The screen is also very nice and big.

I’m very impressed by this remote. Can’t wait to give it a try.

5 Likes

slow progress ! I’m now almost done on the mast assembly, so I’m sharing some pictures !

IMG_3682|375x500

8 Likes

Anyone know how a true glide prop can be made for a Lift prop? I’d like to make one!

hey there!

a quick update and some advices needed ! I’m now going to progress and connect the mast (3 motor wires, 1 8mm external tubing for water cooling)… to a compartment in the rear of the board which will be isolated from the main compartment.

Which connectors would you recommend me to use ?

Thanks a lot !

Cédric

Really not a fan of bullet connectors. They don’t spring after a while, I burnt a controller on the first build after one came loose. I used since some xt150 fitted in waterproof cable gland.

few have been using this solution.

For water tubing I just use smaller diameter tube to connect main tube together

1 Like

big thank you. I’m going for that.

Hi
Hi200 from makerx and HGL tech also have 2. uart.
It is not on connectors but on two test pads.

This two are uart2.

1 Like

Thanks, good to know. Which FW Version does support it? Would it be 5.3?

I think all firmwares support 2. Uart.
You need to enable "permanent uart in vesc tool.
Then you can use both.

1 Like

Just tested 2nd uart with maker-x, it works. Soldered a 2pin 2.54mm header to connect rx and tx. Took gnd from the swd connector which ist normally not used. Then connected it to my receiver.

Voltage and temperature are from VESC over Serial.

3 Likes

Hhehe, i did exactly the same…

what reciever that is?
Do you have some schemaic and code for that, looks nice.