Phase connector for underwater 12S2P 6384 setup?

I’m trying to figure out what connector to use for phase wires for my under-board setup.
I’m using 12S2P with a 6384 motor and Flydragon 80A ESC.

I see others using things like AS150 bullet connectors or other above water solutions.

It looks like FoilDrive use a MR60 connector (which I would prefer due to it’s small size):
FD_phaseConnector
MR60Connector

Is that correct - or is it bigger (I’ve searched and cannot find a larger MR connector)?
I’m curious to know if this is too lower amperage connector for my 12S setup?
The MT60 also would suit - but not sure if can handle the amperage.

If not can anyone suggest a better one that is compact?

I can create a 3D printed surround/mount for it to make it waterproof if need be.

Many thanks.

I use these connectors , handle 12S2P very well, my system is limited to 60 amp and runs like a charm.

I potted inside and outside the connectors and use dielectric grease like foil drive.

3 Likes

Great, thanks for the info. They are the MR60 connectors.
How have you limited your system to 60A?
Also, do you have a fuse on your battery packs? If so what amperage??
Thanks again - much appreciated.

I limited the current with “Current Protection” feature in Blheli. I use the Xcross 160 amp.

I don’t use any fuse, I’ve never had any issue which would have required a fuse until today.

1 Like

Thanks - What happened today?

Just a bad translation. It is still my daily driver :wink:

Hi, I’m using XT150

1 Like

I use the connectors that @hangloose made. It uses 6mm bullet connectors in a 3d printed housing and filled with epoxy and 3d print a mold to make a gasket out of 2 part silicone. It might be a bit bulky for what you are trying to do.

https://www.printables.com/model/675063-lmt-6-waterproof-connector-400a

1 Like

If you can’t print the hangloose connector, See NEW DIY Foil Drive Assist KILLER from Austria - #9 by heiguga

connector3

www.foilassistproject.com

2 Likes

Looks great - what plugs are these?
Just had a quick look at your website - wow you’ve done an amazing job!

The plugs are XT150. They are extremely strong with peak curret up to150A.
At moment I’using them just with dielectric grease in the water.
I’ll design a seal soon

2 Likes