Prop design share

How could you possibly damage the motor shaft drilling a pin out?

With the wrong tools this could happen easily. If he got a drill press, he can drilling it out also. but before he can try the other options. @Flo98 please keep us updated.

Seriously - what would the damage actually be?

Sand the pin out in current position (#2) with 240 sand paper, on 360 degrees to remove the rust
Put some grease
Put nut in position #1 on the other side of the shaft
Using the vice, pass the pin back completely in the motor shaft
Sand the pin out in position (#1) with 240 sand paper, on 360 degrees to remove the rust
Put some grease
Put nut in position #2 on the other side of the shaft
Pass it through fully again, it should be easier as you polished both pin head surfaces
Put a reduced diameter short screw (under head length = motor axis diam) in position #1
Press with the vice to extract the pin fully
Hammer it out if needed

thanks a lot for the advices, i will try when i am back. Last time after trying again and not succeeding, i was keeping the pin for now. Corrosion seems on the surface / only using in water without salt

Giving feedback about VESC overheating and propeller change from Fliteboard one (7 or 6 pitch) to Maytech 4.2 pitch (with slighty bigger diameter).

My setup is now the Maytech 4.2 pitch propeller, with 200kv motor, 50V. I take off at 13 km/h around 1,8kW (40A-45A at 42V). Then current drops around 36A (at 42V) when flying.

I can fly max 20 km/h (and peak is max 25km/h, because of VESC reaching 80°C). That’s already really nice, compared to previous setup with Fliteboard propeller.

I would like to try to increase the max speed. My current cooling is watercooling thanks to dynamic pressure + passive cooling with an aluminium plate. For the first cooling, the rate of flowing water is not so fast because of my low speed.

For the second cooling, the electronic box is in some level of water inside the board. What do you think to put ice cubes in this water to increase cooling?

Or wait for winter…
Honestly I think if you want to build your own eFoil, better stick to known working designs. Even if it costs you some extra money, it saves you a lot of trouble and time.
There are plenty of working builds in this forum.

1 Like

Could be simple and effective to add a fan inside the box.
But the remaining heating is a bit surprising, i think there are things to tweak. A log would tell more about the possibilities.

1 Like