Propulsion System - Motors, Gears, etc

Interesting try. Please keep us updated!

Completed all new jet propulsion system for efoils where the water intake opens and closes automatically with the throttle.

Key features:

• Intake will not open out of the water so you cannot access the impeller when on the beach or transporting. So if someone touches the triggler the impeller is fully shielded for safety.

• When riding and you let off on the throttle the intake closes eliminating impeller-induced drag for gliding and free riding swells without power.

See moving image below.

Super safe, extra smooth, and powerful as we take efoiling to the next level with propulsion design.

7 Likes

Interesting concept. How does the intake “detect” being submerged?

… and pumping ! The first serious challenger to the folding prop !

2 Likes

Nice gimmick. Wonder if that is working fine after sand enters the mechanism…

1 Like

As @carved said, It will need to be tested with handfuls of sand.
Even if it is only 30 degrees up and down, an apertured cylinder rotating in another apertured cylinder is generally a dirt trap in a marine environment…

It sounds like the VEfoil was designed by this forum. Maybe it should be called Efoil Builders Foil or EBF
:smile:

3 Likes

Hy short question
has anyone tested this motor, do you think this would work?

Yeah, that is guaranteed to break! For general consumers you want to make a product super simple and robust!

I think one person has ordered it, but there are no test results at this stage.

OK thanks
jezza why do you think it’s gonna break?

I was talking about the jet system with the automatic cover.

The motor from Reacher tech, I think that might work well if the specs are correct.

Looks like this board uses a similar engine to Reacher Tech’s? Look at the shaft.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxL8q6fH2YM/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=wlax3grwigj4

1 Like

So you’ve noticed something familiar here : :thinking:

Reacher-Tech%20quest

1 Like

Iam not sure :sweat_smile:Screenshot_20190508_220958

1 Like

Fliteboard were using a geared setup. Whether they’ve changed that or not I don’t know. They had the setup on their website.

Your right I saw the picture looks like they use gears

Hello Boys i need to know if i need a reduction on this boy :

It would probably cope without…
Basically you need a direct drive in the 70130 region with 130kv. Capable of 60v and 5kw.
Lift use a motor in the 130kv region (I have measured)

130kv at 60v means 7800rpm this would be in the water around 7000rpm is this not to much¿