Quarantine Efoil

Hi,
This is my custom Quarantine efoil. I almost ready to install motor and internal components. I am worry about the base where the mast is placed. Any suggestion for a “professional and safe” assembly mast and board. I am using a simple nut and washer.
Regards,
Pablo

11 Likes

Are you worried about the placement or whether or not it will be able to sustain the forces generated by an efoil set up? Placement looks standard, it could be more towards the tail but since the board is pretty big, it looks proportional.

1 Like

I was watching some designs of other builders like Liftfoil. I cant see any nut or washers. Will they be using wood nuts?
3fb6dfb118a70e261c6a31b0bfbde0e2975e2c65_2_375x500

I believe they are using short inserts. Similar to what you shared but probably not wood nuts as their board are made of composite materials!

1 Like

Tap and anti slip mat installed.

7 Likes

Super clean, well done.
Remember to double your trapdoor seal to avoid water infiltration.
I have also designed and printed a latch lock to avoid unlocking the trapdoor by mistake with the feet…

1 Like

Thanks Manu. What do you mean with double seal?
Regards,
Pablo

I placed a KISO brand seal around the perimeter of the hatch door and made it completely watertight.
I grease the joints with marine grease before each exit.

3 Likes

And if you’re interested, I’ve designed these two wedges that lock the latches to prevent any unintentional unlocking with the feet.

10 Likes

What do you think about these CIMI SS inserts ? Don’t know where to get them though.
Surffic SS inserts

1 Like

Hi.

Nice looking board!

As far as the foil mount strength. Remember that the compression load on the board where mounted is very high. Foam needs to be high density, or replaced with a wood block. Your mounting system is plenty strong as long an the composite core will not crush.

Internal nuts are nuts with a plate attached to them. “Nut plate nuts”. The larger the plate the less likely it is to break loose and spin. Sucks when that happens.

:call_me_hand:

Something like this…

1 Like

Thanks Manu, I can see the double seal.
Regards,
Pablo

Good idea! Thanks for share.
Regards,
Pablo

Thanks to share the link. Need a cup of coffe to read quietly.
Regards,
Pablo

I have seen that and looking for that too, but no luck. Maybe a custom T nut with some drills on flange bottom for glue.
Regards,
Pablo

Cheking waterproof box. No succesful :slightly_frowning_face:. Some drops inside. Need to change mast plate seal.

1 Like

Trying to seal mast plate with silicone oring. I will show my result very soon.
https://www.amazon.es/Sourcingmap-silicona-diámetro-exterior-145mmx3-1mm/dp/B07CVFT8GC/ref=sr_1_44?__mk_es_ES=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=junta%2Bde%2Bsilicona%2Btorica&qid=1602612341&sr=8-44&th=1

I am really happy with mast seal. It works well! Also I found the problem on the lid seal. i will try Manu´s solution.
Regards,
Pablo

3 Likes

Some details on pot design.

2 Likes

Hi, looks like great progress. Will you be 3D printing the motor mount?