Quarantine Efoil

Sure. I have to make some tweak on this.

Looks like the gong mast. From my experience I can tell you that mounting the wires and tube with this kind of motor mount is a pita.
I did like this.

The wohle cover is just slide on and clipsed in position.

Just to give you some other ideas befor you start printing

9 Likes

i like this idea, it is what I had in mind, although you have already though about it, apparently.

I have PETG and TPU - I have printed clamps for 25mm carbon fiber tube before - in tension, TPU is very strong. I undersized the part, and use the screw to increase the tension, providing the clamping force. What are your thoughts of PETG vs TPU for this application? In your picture above, I would print “Purple” colored part from PETG, while “green” from TPU.

I printed all parts in ABS. Works nice.

Did you post the Fusion 360 or STL files on another post? I think this would be a nicer setup than what I currently have. I use a Naish mast so I would have to modify it but I’ve got plenty of time this winter.

I can send you the stl files. But this is for a 63100 motor, and has no opening for a cooling inlet, as I am running passive cooling.

Nice pod printed!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ks4tggmqlkbfsfx/AAAS2BLVckABF-tOJljqey1fa?dl=0
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/4000201563695.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.554030c8DqjaiU&algo_pvid=b380faf0-609f-4158-adeb-2228eaf1b879&algo_expid=b380faf0-609f-4158-adeb-2228eaf1b879-30&btsid=0b0a01f816028130132924422e869a&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_
Regards,
Pablo

2 Likes

Hi, that is great to hear. I have some ABS as well, but sometimes struggle with the warping and shrinking, even with heated chamber. Usually have to scale the parts 101.6%!!

Hi Toto44,
Could you share your clamp stl files, please. I am using 63100 too, but on Cabrinha mast. I think your type of clamp can fit different profiles with minimum modifications.

give me your email and I will send you the files.

eug_sm@yahoo.ca Thank you.

More progress!

Version 2 with Eppler E207

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m6j1zpcjgt3uvcz/AAC5qsP-hKSEGgJ2SIiMBZlMa?dl=0

2 Likes

Think reinforcing it with carbon will look really great.

Glossing my duct

4 Likes

Very nicely done.
My dad and I tried this too with carbon (160gr), but did not manage to get it this nice.
How did you do it?

I spent a week to make this. With a lot of patience and love :). My process was:
Day1: Face A
Day2: Face B
Day3: Face C
Day4: Face D
Day5: Face E
Day6: Thick epoxy resin coat
Day7: Topcoat.
Sanding before the next step and using masking tape to limit resin and fiber. I use Carbon fiber 200gsm and fiber glass 110gsm. Very important is clean the surface for the 2 last steps

4 Likes

Thank you for the info. We did it also in small parts. It never looked good so ripped everything off again.

We are going to try again. Small parts at a time and a big stretchable plastic bag filled with water to keep the carbon nice and smooth in place.

The problem at this moment is that it is to cold in the garage to do any kind of glassing.

1 Like

You could also only laminate the outside of the duct. That‘s what I did. 160g CFK on the outside, much easier, no struts in the way. The struts I enforced with 3mm carbon tubes epoxid inside. Printed with holes and drilled out. Printed in ASA-X, was pretty strong.

2 Likes

Next parts ready for glassing.