Raiden or Flipsky VESC?

My old esc just gave up, so I am interested to hear about your experience for suitable replacements. Most people seem to use these below. Also the flipsky has a “pro” version, any comments on that?

Flipsky 75200
Flipsky 75200 pro
Raiden 7 120A

I have 2x 75200 flipsky paired with their 65161 and have lots of hours on one without problem

Do you also have dataloggers?

I have used the android vesctool connected by bluetooth. It works well as long as you can keep the connection. If I put the phone on the battery compartment its stays connected but loose the gps tracking.

1 Like

I would have a read of the above link

2 Likes

I have used the Flipsky 75200 water cooled
ver for a full season and did not have any trouble. I started using it with water cooling and then built a new rig where I repurposed the vesc. I liked the fact that it had quite a mass of aluminum that when connected to the mast it helped the passive cooling.

I have used Vesc tools app on IOS to successfully log data and gps.

I won’t comment on your other two choices as I have not used them.

Flipsky likely has a comparison of Pro vs the “ normal” one.

Appreciate the feedback, ordered a 75200 waterproof.
keep flyin :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

So I received the 75200 watercooled but it’s a lot bigger than the specs.
It’s so big it will never fit inside the board.

Actual size: 170mm x 70mm x 55mm

I hope they want to switch for a non-watercooled version that might be smaller. Or the 75100.
Otherwise this lil nugget will be for sale.

My non-water cooled 75200 enclosure is 130mmx68mmx34mm. From your photo it may not fit either?
You can probably remove the esc from the case and it might fit, but then of you would need to devise a new cooling strategy