Slow Build Austria / Salzburg

Did you get any difference with and without The endcap.

It would be intressting to know if someone have done and tested a vortex diffuser to a FR propeller.
I would guess We should be able to gain some efficiency if we get a good shape to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, because i got my metr Dongle not working good.
When i fixed that problem, then I can measure the difference.

hi heddan99,

many thanks for the link! i do a simple test on my system this weekend with an v2 steel endcap with little blades

greetings

1 Like

And what is the result?

sorry my bad english. " i will do it this weekend 19.9 "

but please you can post a picture here before :wink:

Today after work I drove to the Wolfgangsee lake.
I tried again after iOS and metr Update to got good data, but see, still something is not working :flushed:

.I am a carpenter . but think the project made of stainless steel spinner with blades will be good. more power can only be achieved through more power ā€¦ or how was that? i dont know realy ā€¦

more on that soon. iā€™m really looking forward to the first flight with it :slight_smile: robert, iā€™m also looking forward to the e-foil meeting in austria soon!

3 Likes

Hi,
Iā€™m fighting exactly like you with the Metr/Ios and Maytech Combo.
I told you before that it seems to help to go 9600baud compared to 115200 that is std.
Today I made another finding as I moved my phone up from my board and keep it at my chest. I can now get BT Metr data for about 5min instead of 20s before having to reboot Metr App.
The problem is very likely to be the Maytech remote which is 2,4Ghz and operates at BT range (without certification). Easiest would be to get 433Mhz remotes, but whereā€¦

Fun test is to turn on the Maytech close to normal 100Mhz FM radio. Mine went completely disturbed :slight_smile:
Anyone with Android using Metr + Maytech remote combo who can comment if you have it working or same radio disturbance?

BR,
Mattias

I also tried to put the mobile in my box, next to the antenna from the metr Dongle.
Still the same problem!

I try to set the Baud rate to 9600 but it seems to me it is not a really good solution.

In our German speaking Group a lot of guys using metr without any problem the metr dongle.
A lot have the similar configuration like me.
Flipsky motor
VESC
the cheap 30$ Remote
But I think a Android device.

I bought before extra for that a IP68 Android Phone butā€¦ after first water test the phone was full of water and damaged, the second one an LG ThinQ phone was also not water resistant.

So at moment I have only my iPhone XS for thatā€¦

I think about if I should buy a Samsung XCover 4 for that. But I must be sure it is a problem with iOS devicesā€¦

So, today I try it with 9600 Baud, no success with a stable connection to the metr Dongle :woozy_face:

Vincent remote is in 433mhtzšŸ¤™ maybe use a waterproof cellphone bag for diving with a simple android phone .
i want to do this just with my phone at first collect gps data log but i forgot the bag every session and i bought a vincent remote who should comming soonā€¦

Hi,

Yes for me also there are problems, but it works abit better at 9600baud.
I think we have quite similar setups, the possibilities i see:

1. Maytech disturbance. With remote off usually no problems.
  2. Perhaps the maytech and metr ext antenna should not share ground plane? I have my vesc in alu box with sma connectors outside box, so ground is shared.
  3. Ios problems with Metr. I had it working well with 75/300R2 in beginning of summer.
  4. 75/300R3 UART problem. I usually only loose connection when giving gasā€¦ could ppm disturb uart?
  5. Iphone BT problems with wet phone? Feeling is its working less good with wet wetsuit after fall.

Still nobody else here using IOS+Metr+Maytech v2 who can share their experience?

I read somewhere that the Tampra 75/300 R3 had problems.
I reminded that can be happened together with the built in Bluetooth from the VESC.
Perhaps someone can test it to switch off the internal Bluetooth?

Since R1 , internal BT and metr at wonā€™t together on mine , remote via ppm classic cable ( no display) , internal BT Vesc firmware erase ( possible to switch it off now ) , metr at always connected but now working :triumph:

Okay I donā€™t want erase the firmware. How to switch it off?

De-activate ā€œenable permanent uartā€ line.
I also flashed mine away, but made no difference.

So, you switch off internal Bluetooth and the metr Dongle is still not working correctly? :flushed:

Maytech v2 ( i have It but didnā€™t test it with metr at ) use BT Signal or same range frequency signal ?

I am using the cheap IP67 Skateboarde Remote for 30$
Yes, there are using the same frenquency but i know some guys who are riding with an Flipsky FESC 200A, metr.at DOngle and the cheap Remoteā€¦