Slow Build Austria / Salzburg

I bought this connectors here:

2 Likes

Hi guys
Why put gray connectors on the vesc 75/300. Why group all the wires by 3?

All three belong to same motor phase. You might as well just solder them together.

1 Like

Isn’t it enough to take one son from each? you have to group them together?

To avoid electrical losses (that means battery power converted to heath) you have to provide a large cross sectional area of copper. If you do this with only one cable ist will be relatively stiff and that would limit you to set the ESC in narrow compartments and bend the cables in low radiuses.

These problems are solved with 3 cables each in parallel.

1 Like

I suspect that this vesc layout is like three controllers in one but it’s only a guess. I would hookup all three anyway to create less heat. Enough current could desolder the leads otherwise.

The 3 wires are just to increase the cable cross section to allow the rated current. 3 smaller cables are more flexible and easier to solder than one thick one.

2 Likes

So, i found the Link where i bouht the Alubox.

https://www.mouser.at/ProductDetail/Bud-Industries/AN-2855-A?qs=9qK3lZr%252Bi0Ipyr6kWnCUqA%3D%3D

This box fit my 75/300 VESC. But, caution! I had to grind the heatsink on the VESC down, and round the corners!

1 Like

There are bigger sizes that would fit the VESC more comfortably! Same type of enclosure but bigger dimensions!

I knew it, but i need to save place :wink:

1 Like

That’s good! That’s just a FYI for people starting their build thinking that they absolutely must cut the corners of their VESC! :wink:

and, what would you want to say with theme?

Well, if they have the space I’d tell them to get a bigger enclosure so they don’t have to cut their VESC :blush:

Okay, but i not cut my VESC, i cut only something from the Alucoolingblock. So he fits perfectly into the enclosure. Also i add Pads for better transfering the temeratures to the enclosure and from that outside to the aluminium plate.

1 Like

Looking forward if the passive cooling will also handle 100amp continuous over longer period. You want to go fast, don’t you? :smile:

after my son broken my duct, I decided to make some modifications.

So, I will ride now without and hope on the weekend I will be reach >40 km/h :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Not with 12s and FR prop! Maybe if you run 14s. Soon I will test my Samurai propellor on your motor (120kv), this will be fast.

Hehe 14s go brrrrrr. :joy:

@nice2cu
can you please tell me the thickness of the alu blades of your prop?
I’m going to mill my own prop out of alu, but I’m afraid of vibrations during machining.
thx

Nice. Is it a FR prop ? Would you test with and without the nose-shaped boss end ? I ask because David FR prefers straight, without cone (more silent).