Slow Build Austria / Salzburg

@Flightjunkie would say fill it to half full

1 Like

:rofl::+1:

Yep. Put the rotor in then fill it till itā€™s half full. Take your time. The windings suck up a lot of it. Holds way more then you would think. Probably 4-6oz? I donā€™t know. Sorry, I didnā€™t measure.

My two friends and I are over a year in with our 3 65161 motors filled this way, used in salt water, and they are still going strong!

I recommend silicone grease on the shaft and o-ring. And Tef-Gel on all the bolts.

:sunglasses::call_me_hand::desert_island::ocean::surfing_man:

2 Likes

Hi Robert,
Where do you find a Corrosion X in EU ?
Itā€™s impossible to find it in France

Germany is close enough: https://www.atm1992.de/

1 Like

Hi, i bought it on Amazon :slight_smile:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01NCEF8FX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Corrosion X in spray ā€¦not in liquid ā€¦it might not be easy to fill the engine :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

hello i buy it in uk for france at a good price

2 Likes

Hi Robert,

Very interested in your builds as we are using same setups.
Please update if the passive cooling works well with the HGL tech also?
ALso is the HGL rated 300A the same as the flipsky 75200? they look very similar.
Any reasons for not soldering the cables in the ESC box?

On the Motor you are very lucky if you see no water ingress. I have just scrapped my first 2 65161:s that was old gen lipsealed. Are you on the never type with Mech seal?
Corr X did not fully help in the long run with lip seal, I usually fill a Schnaps or 4cl.
Mine started to conducted electricity on the shell with terrible galvanic corrosion last year.
Now have 2 Mech seal variants but have not opened them yet, no electric conduction through shell atleast.

I successfully run a HGLTECH HI200 75V 200A passively cooled in an aluminium box attached to an aluminium plate.Motor is a 63100 outrunner, motor current limit is set to 150A, Battery current reached 76A. Max VESC temp was 37 degrees. This was in winter so I assume it wil go up in summer but there is some reserve and you donā€™t run it on 150A motor current all the time.

2 Likes

Thanks all for the links, Iā€™ll buy 500ml in liquid for my 2 motors 65161

I got my Flipsky Remote.
Now I have all parts for my V2.

3 Likes

Starting with the arrangement and preparing for the Cells before spot weldingā€¦

2 Likes

Unfortunately it no longer issues for the European Union :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:
If any of you have another address where to buy for the EU ā€¦thanks

Spray. it is the same liquid insideā€¦ And comes out with the push of a button :slight_smile:

1 Like

What thickness is your aluminium sheet?

1 Like

It is 4mm thick as it holds the mast, stable but rather heavy, 1.3kg (just the plate).

1 Like

Manu,
you are right corrosion X UK donā€™t ship to France
So I bought in Germany with the link of JvdZ

be careful with the UK now, because we pay the customs fees, due to the Brexit.
I paid 70ā‚¬ for my trampa vesc 6

1 Like

:scream::scream:70 euros ā€¦ for 400 grams ā€¦:rage::rage::rage::rage:Brexit, I wanted to buy Trampa :sob::sob::sob: I will think about it

1 Like

This is where I bought mine from.