Stoke Foiling - New eFoil Assist

Thanks - my main issue with this torpedo design is making the protruding battery pod strong enough to withstand being kicked when you fall off (on a wave) - its a real possibility - and the leverage is probably too much without significant engineering. But I do like this design for hydrodynamics and having all components in one unit and cooling etc.

This is a cam lever/lock:
Cam Lever Eccentrics
When you push the lever down it pulls on the bolt and locks into place. If you had 2 or 4 of these longitudinally (along the sides of the mast) to clamp the battery pod on.

I will have to mock up a few examples (3d print) to test for strength.

The other design - underboard (FD#2) - also has waterproofing issues to solve. But could get away with a simple 3D printed shell and aluminium supports where the screws attach mast to board (could potentially stop 3D print before top layer and insert aluminium plate, then continue printing top layer. Hydrodynamically, rounded edges are much better than square.

The more I look at the FD#2 the more I like about it.

Any idea if the battery connectors (and the BMS cable) can get wet - or is that bad news? Looking at the photo - I guess it;s possible to make the cover pod mostly waterproof - clicking/screwing into place and having a rubber seal.

In fact… could you not have the motor mounted to this or does it need some depth?

Height for the propeller not to hit and height for efoil. Did you see this build -https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZcJgQTueWQrv15i27

People spray corrosionX on the connectors.

Yes, after thinking about this design I was filled with appreciation for FDgen2 engineering, like settling on the same conclusions which they came for.

Did you see @Jezza 3d printed enclosure between board and mast ?
'Foil Drive Assist, DIY - #1217 by Jezza