Swabian Efoil build

I found out that my current problem is more about a shortcut between to power chords :sweat_smile:.
But the ESC needs defenetly cooling for Summer. But to keep the overall concept as easy as possible. I am actually Planning to add a passive Cooling Plate on top of the Box similar to @sat_be s Build: Daniels (un)geared inflatable (slowly built) - #72 by sat_be
I think this could be enough cooling for my < 2,2KW mechanical Output power.

I made some progress on the folding prop thematic. I have now a working version that gives me ~60-70W/km at ~15-18 km/h foiling with the 6384 120Kv at 10S. And almost no drag when folded. Unfolding works almost perfect. But maybe i gonna need there some slight improvments. Also the durability is under investigation.
Its also pretty hard to balance the transfere from powered drive to glide without falling in the water ^^

I started also to make some simulations and optimize everything to low pressure and low turbulences:




In addition i tryed to implement a debugger for the folding Prop.
So i just started to film it:

There where some interesting findings in the Video:

  1. I consume ~3kw from the battery with the camera underwater → so i defently need a Software limitation of the max current.
  2. The unfolding is not perfect.
  3. Folding works amazing
  4. I have some Kavitation on the Proptips. But this seems to be quite normal compared to other Propvideos. But would be nice if some of you could make some own/post theyr Videos.

As promised here are the .STL files of my current Folding Prop design:
KlapppropV4
BaseV3

I printed it with PETG and very thick outer layer. You need 35mm M4 Screws and M4 Nuts.
Very important: the Prop must unfold fold just my gravity when changing its orientation. So sand it as long as it runs freely! If opening goes even a little bit hard. Its not working properly in the water and gonna have a short life. Hard openings goes massively on lifetime!
In future i probably gonna make the angle of the folding props maybe a bit bigger. So drag is higher but it opens much better. This here is a try how far back it could fold…

I am Curious about your Feedback.

17 Likes