THE NEW Shadow prop family

To who you was replying??

I know someone that would be red and ashamed if he only knew what he is talking aboutā€¦

EDITED : You guys are all free to have your opinion but please letā€™s keep this forum the great place it is and make this thread a constructive one. As we stated the propeller will later come along with another of our product, there is definitely lots of works behind the scene but if you guys arenā€™t happy with our products for whatever reason we will do our best to help you out. Remember we are based in EU, you might even be able to come visit us when itā€™s possible. :blush::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@SoEFoil thank you very much ! Folding propeller is definitely something that will come as well, stay tuned :slight_smile:

I honestly couldnā€™t care less that I havenā€™t been given or tested one. I have enough stuff of my own that I havenā€™t even had time to finish testingā€¦ In fact Iā€™ve had so little time Iā€™ve efoiled twice this year!

The problem is youā€™ve come to a open forum without any accurate evidence that your prop is actually better, but then made claims that it is more efficient and faster than competitors. Based off what youā€™ve said I can guarantee you havenā€™t run proper tests in a proper testing environment against the other manufacturers like Flying Rodeo with like for like pitch etcā€¦

Right now your attitude is also pretty pathetic trying to bash me instead of actually proving me wrong with good dataā€¦ but hey, just keep pissing into the wind :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

You gave some prop for testing and some log have been posted. It is the only real data available on the forum at the moment so expect some questionsā€¦ why the aggressive tone and why bringing Jezza inflatable project on the table? It is awesome to see another prop option coming on the market with the data logger time will tell which prop is best

Hey, yeah sorry about that.

I donā€™t see the issue answering any constructive questions. This propeller will later come with another product weā€™ve been working on, so definitely stay tuned !
Also, we stand behind our products so if you guys arenā€™t happy with them we will do our best to help you find a suitable solution.

Well the big problem is, you promised to bring a new prop for under 200ā‚¬. IĀ“m ready to buy one, and use for my build, but I can`t find the prop you are talking aboutā€¦ I would even test it and get a metr to share dataā€¦
But as you have it not available, I think will try this easyfoil propā€¦ At least it is already availableā€¦:sweat_smile: and itĀ“s shape looks even better than yours :thinking:

Actually thats not my photo, Its FR

Ok thanks got confused just ignore this

I can`t find your online storeā€¦can you update with a link?

Posted 24 Oct - so end of next week will be Nov :innocent:

:sweat_smile: ok , can`t wait to seeā€¦

Hello,

Because Iā€™m lying in bed with fiver, it is impossible for me to finish the online store at this moment. Be patient guys and let me rest when I get better I will get back to you with a link.:pray: Thanks, Jasmin

1 Like

Ok, but don`t need that shop actually. Just tell us what the price will be and we can order via paypal :sweat_smile:

So nothing more happening?

Heey Jasmin,

are you feeling better againā€¦?

hope you are oke, can you give us some moren information about the prop price and when we can order?

thanks

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately Jasmin is taking a small break from the business to stay closer to his family and wonā€™t be available untill then. He should come back soon, but in the meantime I will try my best to temporary take over this part as well.

I have been forwarded all the MPā€™s and emails from Jasmin and Seahorseā€™s webshop and will try to answer you all as soon as possible. Kindly send any further question / proposal to me by MP untill Jasmin comes back.

In the meantime here are few informations I can already share :

I am sorry to make you wait so long, I am still awaiting one last quotation from the CNC company and agree on planning before starting the production.
I should be able to answer you begin of the next week about when you guys can order from us.

I see some of you are cautious about the props, so I will certainly pick one or two persons from this chat to send one free propeller to be reviewed before anyone can order more. I am ready to invest in the community if community helps us back as well :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I see lot of questions about the price. To be clear, target price is under 200ā‚¬ but depends heavily on order quantity and CNC quote as well. I got few quotes but none of them is ok for me right now. Hoping the last one can make a difference as we plan to work with them for lots of other parts as well.

It is great that the number of commercial propellers that can be bought in the EU (without customs fees and expensive postage) will be expanded. Itā€™s just a shame that you changed everything about the propeller, even the direction of rotation of the propeller. After all, all successful e-foil propellers use a counter-clockwise rotation direction. There are a number of reasons for this. Clockwise rotation has no hydrodynamic or mechanical advantage.

One of the reasons is that most engine shafts are right-hand threaded!

The direction of rotation is not that important, it can be easily changed for almost everyone.

1 Like

I once heard a wiseman saying that you need to think ā€œout of the boxā€ to innovate. Doing so obviously requires to think about everything from scratch, hence having a very different design.

Rotation direction is purely personal preference. CFD shows no real gain / loss in efficiency. @Ackermann tried both a CW and CCW prop from us. To my knowledge there was again no gain or loss from it.

Also, all you need is a nylstop nut and you are good to go, whatever your shaft thread direction. Drones have been using them forever with very few fails despite the higher RPMā€™s (I have been using 2450kV motors at 4S and never had any loose propeller, even after countless crash).

1 Like

Someone already posted here on the forum that he lost the propeller, I think it was aluminum. Definitely had a nylstop nut. And of course drones canā€™t be compared to the performance of e-foil engines - 1 m3 of air has a mass of about 1kg, 1 m3 of water has a mass almost 1000 times greater. Clockwise rotating propellers are only used in exceptional cases.