THE NEW Shadow prop family

:see_no_evil:
Drones have many mores rpmā€¦ 30000 rpm
Direction is not importent!

Without much thought, Iā€™m pretty sure that itā€™s not the number of revolutions per minute, per hour, etc. that matters, but only the engine torque and the propeller work done per revolution.

All the propellers I now carry, even for airplanes, are left handed.

No, Piaggio Avanti is a pusher plane :joy:

1 Like

Well I prefer CCW props, as my shaft and Flipsky Maytec are regular threated. Makes no difference in performance, but I lost a CW prop already, even it was secured with a nylstop nut. Ok it was not new and used a couple of times, but anyway go for standard and provide CCW Prop;-)

as long as you have power on the motor, the propeller will stay on the shaft even without a nutā€¦the propeller is pushingā€¦only when ā€œbrakingā€ there will be any pressure on the nut, but even so the propeller and the nut usually turn with the same speed(at least it should :slight_smile: ) so there is no torque from the propeller to the nutā€¦A normal nylock will not come loose from a turning shaft, there is no significant turning force on it, the force is on the cotter pin or splines in the propeller.

1 Like

The problem only arises if there is mechanical backlash between shaft and prop. Then any prop will loosen the nut, regardless in which direction it turns. Then also a nylock will loosen. But there is a solution: Nord-Lock Wedge-Locking Products - Nord-Lock Group

I would expect that the shear pin or however it is called would be shoot to eternity if the prop get lose a bit. For FR and Shadow prop the cavity is kind of flat, but the threaded shaft is long. If the pin is gone, the prop canā€™t turn anymore so I guess it should be secured?

However, I never had issues with cw or CCW props. But I do check the nuts by time (@Toto44 any comment on this?)

I see nothing more happening at seahorse.si? So I assume this shop does no more exist, correct?

You should ask @FirnasWatersports

Hi guys, thatā€™s not true. Seahorse is still alive and so are we.
I have been in touch with countless CNC companies to be quoted for during 2021, all of this to be able to sell props for under 200ā‚¬.

Sadly, after that much time I still havenā€™t found a good company to partner with for low quantity (50 pieces or less).

Right now, if we produce 50 pieces, we wonā€™t be able to sell them under 250ā‚¬. Which is pricey for good reasons (raw material, hard anodizing, electricity price,ā€¦). This price doesnā€™t include freight and vat.

But, if we have more than 50 orders on this first batch, we can do a one time price of 160ā‚¬ / piece. The only issue being the fact that we would need more than 50 orders,ā€¦

Hit me up if you guys think we can start a 50+ props batch. Otherwise Iā€™m still looking for new cnc prices.

Happy new year to everyone!
FWS

Note : CW vs CCW is totally up to what you guys want in the end. I personally prefer CW but we can produce in whatever you want as long as everyone agrees.

Easyfoil already sell their props for under 200ā‚¬

They have a 6" for 149ā‚¬ and the 7" prop for 179ā‚¬.

Best regards

Being totally honest, with no intention to bash anyone, you simply canā€™t compare 2 products like this because :

• Our products are designed from scratch rather than simply 3D scanning something existing on the market and sell it back. You see this simply by the geometry alreadyā€¦
  • Easyfoilā€™s clone propeller looks like MJF printed (or similar 3D print technology) in metal rather than milled from a solid aerospace aluminum blockā€¦
  • Price difference when machining a 6, 7, 8, 9 or higher pitch propeller compared to another pitch is almost non-existent for this diameter. A 5 axis mill machine will do the job exactly the same way at roughly the same price. (We have all these pitches available and more btw).

What you think you know :hushed:
Material, and that the Easyfoil Prop is scanned etc ā€¦
You donā€™t know anything, itā€™s all just speculation!

I donā€™t even know if you are serious at least about the fact that Easyfoilā€™s propeller isnā€™t copied from Flying Rodeo / Lift. Iā€™ve been in this forum long enough to know FR was the first in the game. If you have any doubt about what he said, you can check FRā€™s posts back in the daysā€¦

LOL. Isnā€™t this what a diy forum is about :rofl::rofl::rofl: ? No joke, we can say whatever we want but companies arenā€™t allowed to speak frankly? :rofl::joy::joy::joy:

Openly yes, but not unfair!
Especially when it comes to business.
Which material z. B. Easyfoil or Fr uses, nobody knows without a material sample.

Not unfair ? Saying they havenā€™t been working on this seriously from the start, laughing when they said they cfdā€™ed the design to be optimized but they still want them to be validated in the field, yes this also looks fair to me :joy::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.

I donā€™t need a material sample to differentiate a 3D printed raw part from a milled part :sweat_smile::joy: (not saying easyfoil is 3D printed, Just speaking)

Easyfoil is a milled part, not printed :wink:

Hi,

fair points.

We also make our propellers on a 5-axis machine from 7075 aluminium (is that your solid aerospace aluminium block material?)

We have produced a 5.5" pitch with 44mm hub. This is not available anywhere else on the market. (See Picture)

So weā€™re not copycating anyone

But thatā€™s your threat here with your propellers.

Happy New Year @everyone

1 Like

This looks really niceā€¦ especially with that small hub. it looks very thin as well. This sould really have great effeciency :+1: