Tobi's build from Berlin

Well, I’ve never tried it…
But the material is fiber reinforced plastic, super strong and sturdy!
So I would say that it should be possible to stand directly on the box. For sure if you create a support in the middle so the weight can distribute more evenly.

1 Like

Finally landing some jumps on my first board :call_me_hand:

14 Likes

I’ve had some trouble with water ingress in V2 Board. That caused the reciever and the BMS of the battery to die. So the electronics had to go into another waterproof box. And I’ve cut the board to make the Bopla battery case fit into the board.

The board is hollow inside, so I’ve filled the cutouts with 2k foam and epoxied over it.

Finally did the nose of the board suffer quite a lot, so I’ve vacuum bagged a carbon nose cone for it. And since the Eva pad was eaten up, it got changed too.

2 Likes

Can you recommend using a resettable circuit breaker as an On/Off switch?
I really like the idea but im a bit worried cause there is no anti spark protection then.

And did you ever went over the 120 Amps and trip the breaker while on the water ?

2 Likes

The circuit breaker is another safety mechanism that is a “nice to have” but not really necessary as long as the battery itself and so the circuit itself has a shunt. All my batteries have 150a fuse built in.

Here’s pacificmeisters wiring diagram:

Regarding the antispark, some people just hold a small resistor in between the connectors to slowly charge the capacitors on their esc/vesc and then connect them.

I wanted to have a solution where even my sister or wife could use the board without fear when they see the spark while connecting. Therefore a circuit breaker also acts as an on/off switch in my boards. No need for a separate antispark in this case.

In those boards where I have used the bigger esc with antispark connector, I haven’t used the circuit breaker anymore though.

None of the fuses or circuit breakers ever tripped while in use.

1 Like