Trying to get a German license number for DIY Efoil

Hi everybody

I finished two DIY Efoils in Germany !

Now I wanted to get registration numbers at the WSV ( Wasserstrassen Amt)

They replied they want to get a prototype approval and listed all companies who do that from Sicily to Norway

DEKRA AND TUEV INCLUDED

That cost and time and efforts would make this totally meaningless.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO GET THESE NUMBERSf ??

Thank you

Robert

You can check with the german guys from the german speaking Telegram group, if you’re not in alreday: Telegram: Join Group Chat

1 Like

Under 2,2kw you need no number.
Greetings Frank

Hello Frank

thank you for your quick feedback!

Are you sure? Then I would change battery voltage to be under 2,2 kW.

Just looking where I find this 2.2 kW rule

Happy Holidays

Robert

Hello Robert,

which WSA was it?
What have you written on the Antrag?

Ciao Marcus

Hi Markus

3000 W and it was Regensburg

Robert

By the way, Markus, there was someone here named Jan Foilermann that was from Regensburg.

Maybe he knows how to do this but I cant find him here any more

( But thats just because I am here for a few days and dont know how to search)

Happy Holidays

Robert

Ackermann

Welche Angaben hast du auf dem WSA Formular eingetragen?
In der oben genannnten Telegram Gruppe wird man dir wahrscheinlich besser helfen können. Die Anmeldung in D war da schon mehrmals Thema.

I have done it via ADAC in MUC. But they are not giving out numbers anymore that easy

Join our group, we can give you was recommendation. Not all demand same documents.

I think CE is only mandatory if you want to sell into a market, not for privat use. They should provide you the source which is the basis for this claim

Best
Jan Foilermann

1 Like

Hi Markus,

vielen Dank ich hab mich gerade auf Telegram angemeldet.

Ich kucke in den nächsten Tagen einmal rein und mache mich vertraut.

Schönes Wochenende , danke nochmals für Deine Hilfe

Robert

Thank you . I just installed Telegram and will check this out.

Sunny weekend !

Robert

Hi Jan,

I just installed Telegram ( thats the group you ment right?) and will look into it the next days.

Thank you for responding and your first help :slight_smile: !!!

Nice weekend

Robert

Hi Robert,
take a look here => Internationaler Bootsschein (IBS) – Das ADAC Bootskennzeichen › ADAC Skipper-Portal

Allgemeines zur Bootsregistrierung

Wann muss ein Boot angemeldet werden?

Motorisierte Kleinfahrzeuge (Sportboote) mit einer Motorleistung von mehr als 2,21 kW (3 PS) und Segelboote ohne Motor über 5,50 m Rumpflänge müssen auf allen deutschen Binnenschifffahrtsstraßen, auf denen die Binnenschifffahrtstraßenordnung gilt, gemäß der „Verordnung über die Kennzeichnung von auf Binnenschifffahrtsstraßen verkehrenden Kleinfahrzeugen (KIFzKV-BinSch)“, ein Kennzeichen führen. Mit dem IBS kommen Sie dieser Verordnung nach.

Eine zusätzliche Registrierung beim Wasserstraßen- und Schifffahrtsamt ist nicht erforderlich.

Der Internationalen Bootsschein (IBS) gilt auf ausländischen Binnen- und Küstengewässern sowie auf deutschen Binnenwasserstraßen als amtlich anerkannte Bootsregistrierung.

Ausnahmen Wassermotorräder und Surfboards mit Jetantrieb : Diese müssen für Fahrten innerhalb Deutschlands ein amtliches Kennzeichen eines Wasserstraßen- und Schifffahrtsamtes führen.

If you want to foil on a lake it’s another thing - and is different again in every federal state

Klasse Mike, vielen Dank!!

Those are some REALLY nice builds!!

TK

Thank you :slight_smile:

If they would be more watertight even more :wink:

Happy Holidays

Robert