VESC setting for FR motor

Where in vesc tool can you change that setting for ramping to avoid the abs over current on a false pull from 0 to full?

Good crash at 46kmh after ABS_current fault throw me from the board. Metr pro GPS for some reason wasn’t reading but got it on smartwatch.

Is it normal my motor current is so high. I finished the session cruising and I’m getting arround 90A motor current for 45A battery current.

280A motor current :astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished:

Lift’s motor has a maximum continuous power around 4.5 - 5kw. At 14s you are looking at a current close to 85A. Doubling this value doubles the power and is already a lot for this motor. Anything above 150-170A max motor current is gambling on his lifespan imho lol.

Btw, 46 km/h is nice, what prop did you use to reach that speed ? Are you interested to experience some higher top speed ?

At 58V that’s almost 16kw lol. There might be some issue with metr app here, I can’t believe such a motor with this low fill ratio can handle this much spike current

I used th 6inch lift prop. I think 280A was just a spike, I was at 200A at full throttle before it cut out throwing ABS over current fault

With my old set up and my small Tp 4070 780kv it was often over 250A , still running , the FR motor has a much lower kv but the wires are still thick

And as far of the current amp reading, past 200A of those vesc I don’t think we can always trust them , even trampa has some limits

May be play with v0 and v1 to increase the sampling and some issue of ABS have been overcome with the 65150 by reducing the frequency to 10

Worth the shot with FR motor : able v0 v1 and lower freq to 20mhz, may be
( I am not a vesc expert …)

Top speed is very nice , from the data erpm/speed i thought your prop was the 7’’

I’m waiting to receive the 7" it is going to be interesting… David manage to get 54kmh with the 7inch, it start to feel fast past 40kmh. This crash at 46kmh was brutal haha

1 Like

Thanks for the advise I will try that

54km/h on David watch may have be done with its geared set up at the time , not really sure , but I was at 38km/h with only 3100rpm with its first prop

It is with the FR mate and small front wing I asked him. Getting 46kmh with the 6inch if you run numbers 54kmh seems in theory all good as long as prop slip stay under control, hence smaller front wing… I’m 95kg and was using a 1200 front wing so not really a surprise to have been pulling 200A motor current reaching 46kmh. I just need to solve those ABS current fault, full stop at this speed doesn’t feel good…

1 Like

Crazy 95kg at 46 … spend most of 2019 crashing ( skills) at 36 with 98kg … and sore neck muscles for days
Now I am 81kg back on track hopefully for 2022

On my 75/300 I left the abs value at 450A , check if your soft/hardware allow it and may be invest in a trampa 75/300 with yours skills and this good looking board :sweat_smile:

Yes it is set at 420A but scary bit seems this is what Flilsky recommended to overcome some issues… honestly to push speed I will just use the 300A opto seal, this thing is a beast and I won’t cry for a week if I burn it hahaha. Still convinced the 75200 can work well, it is just a setting to find. Even free spining it seems to be cogging a bit sometimes, I will upload a video. The weird thing is when I set ppm range with the wizzard this cogging noise disappear, then it is back there as soon as I leave the wizard. Wondering if all the issues could be input related

Worth the shot to try in duty control no reverse rather than current control then ( my 2 cents …)

It doesn’t seems to work well at all in duty mode no reverse

Did you also get the 420amp recommendation from Flipsky support?

No it was like that after running the foc wizard…
I read an old post on the A200s where it is advised to disable V0 V7 and set switching frequency up to 60Khz. Gona give it a go and keep an high on FETs temp. If it doesn’t help I will revert to 30Khz and try to play with stator compensation.

Problem solved, I recalculated flux linkage, the formula I used the first time was wrong.
I found a post where Benjamin Vedder gives
Flux linkage =60 / (sqrt(3) * poles * pi * kv)=60/(sqrt(3)16pi*130)=5.3mWb
Gain=1000 / (lambda^2) where lambda is flux linkage = 1000/5.3^2=35.6%
These calculated values are really close to your values Alexandre.

Straight away no more cogging and ABS. Increasing stator compensation to 15% also made a difference at high current.

7 Likes

pretty happy with this. Using a low aspect 1200 and the 6 inch lift prop. Next step 7 inch prop and smaller high aspect wing

And this is same front wing and just using a smaller rear wing

3 Likes