VESC setting for FR motor

Interesting, I moved away from active pump and downward pointing tube since the pumps are shitty and start to leak by themselves. Now I have a mast clamp with opening at the tip for passive watercooling. I do not use a tube, but rather have the whole mast cavity as channel. On top it is sealed and i have added some alumina pipe to connect a silicon tube. you can see it here:

Actually, I do not need much of velocity to keep the water running. When not flying the water level is already quite high in the cooling circuit and just a bit of pressure will start it flowing. The outtake is at the end of the board, so it is easy to see if it is still working while foiling. So far there was never something stuck.
For the pump however I had blockage cuz if I were to close to the ground (eg putting the board into the water) it could happen that it will suck up little rocks from shallow beach area.

@tinp123 : I would just raise motor current by 10amp settings. Start from e.g. 150. For me it is quite the case that I have a really hard time to get flying with 150amp whereas 160amp will jump me out of the water. So try to approach the issue like this instead of pushing too fast too high currents

1 Like

which Foil are you using again? I am still impressed by the motor current and speed. Also there is still 13% duty cycle left at 49km/h :slight_smile: Was this full throttle?

2 Likes

247A motor current :flushed::flushed::flushed:

Never tried using the full mast cavity to channel water up, sounds good.
The tube facing forward is inside the mast on my build so low chance of stuff getting stuck. Never had issue with 12v water pump so far in 600kmish.

What size is your board Ackermann?

I have been using the Ozone 950 wing which will be soon release. It has an aspect ratio of 7. I was not full throttle no, the max I did was 55kmh but honestly crash seriously start to hurt at anything above 45kmh

Board is 1,60 from bottom to tip. It’s pizza shape so don’t ask me about the volume :slight_smile:

It must go fast on the plane. My first board was 140cm long and I could get away with just an aluminium block attached to the VESC heatsink. Max Motor current was 150A. Small board and small foil add a bit of requirement with power delivery but so fun to ride