Videos of electric hydrofoils around the world

New video from Ignacio/Virus! He is one of the early pioneers with insane carbon skills. https://youtu.be/t7rfUG2HiME

1 Like

Hi friends! I hope you like my carbon fiber projects. Thanks Pacificmeister for invitation!

3 Likes

Welcome @virus! Awesome that you are here. Big fan :slight_smile: I was very inspired when I saw your first video early March this year. I am sure many here are familiar with your channel and are following you too. Looking forward discuss stuff here and see more of your mad carbon and precision builds.

1 Like

Awesome! @virus, I think we ordered the same gearbox that was destroyed, from Singapore? We ordered 2 pieces, added soft start/stop on the second, that one is still going strong :slight_smile: I think soft start/stop is really helping to increase the life-span of our gearboxes.

Did a new Edit with 1080p included some timelapse of building as well, will stop to spam with videos for a while now :wink:

10 Likes

Hi Hiort brothers, good work there, yes, same planetary, my gearbox towards a strange noise in my hand, I ordered an ESC from factory with a very soft power start, my mistake was to work at 16s and finally broken. Now works better but I want to make a perfect carbon fiber propeller, I hate plastic parts, sorry. I can feel proppeller is not perfectly center, vibration can destroy the gearbox.

1 Like

Tried to attach a gopro beneath the board, just behind the mast foot, too see if I could film the propulsion unit while riding. Did not turn out so good, water droplet on the camera lense and too close I think… Will try to make a custom low drag jig and place the camera just in front of the propeller (below the water surface), too look for cavitation/vibration and similar. Might be a useful tool too check the prop and fuselage design, unless there is too much drag from the camera itself.

Cheers

5 Likes

i miss SUMMER

3 Likes

New video by Lift Foils

great drone footage

Just a very short edit from riding 10 desember about -2 degrees and some ice on the water. Starting to get cold now… but helps a lot on cooing the batterys/esc :stuck_out_tongue:

17 Likes

Beautiful video. If only it were warmer!

3 Likes

Virus! Your hot coats are amazing. Respect!

1 Like

hello i can not see batteri case.?
is it homemade or the lift model?
seams powerfull ,what kind of motor and prop design?
thanks for answer

I made ewrithing by myself :sunglasses::smiley:

very good work!!!
it looks very powerfull…what kind of propeller do you use?
what is your front wing size?
thanks and hello from france

New video :smile:

9 Likes

Radinn have announced their version 2 board which has an optional hydrofoil. Looks like it extends the jet intake through the mast.

1 Like

Looks like they will spray the jet out of the board, thats pretty interesting. Might look a bit weird(or cool) with a huge fire hose spray out of the board once on the foil.

Yea, it looks pretty interesting, I’d imagine there would be quite a lot of drag on the mast with the size it would have to be for the jet intake.

The section on the video looks too small.

That music is aweful.

1 Like