Volker’s Build - 80100 18650-30Q

I tried to shim the backwing, first 2mm, then 4mm down at the backend, without any noticable changes in flying behaviour!?

That’s strange, that’s how all manufacturers advise to change the behavior of a foil…
especially that your back wing is pretty big…

Yeah, strange. Not what i expected.
Maybe i have to shim more, or even have to turn the Backwing upsidedown. The top surface is quite flat, the side faceing downwards is more Like Aerodynamik Airplane profile.
Maybe even a shim with 4mm wasnt enough to lower the downforce of the backwing?

yes, either upside down or shimming the front to reduce down force…

guys you can as well move the mast closer to the front wing (so closer to CL), makes riding a bit easier and you need less pressure on the front wing, you can as well reduce negative pitch (or angle the back wing a bit more upwards…) this will make system more agil and reduce drag by about 10%

1 Like

I had my Phone with me
My 80100 results so far:
20 km/h 1.7kW
21 km/h 1.8kW (nice stable Speed total 95kg)
25 km/h 2.5kW
30 km/h 3.6kW

2 Likes

Hi V_S,

Any chance we get your logged RPM, A, V for those values ?

Also, what prop did you used for those values ? I guess the above propeller with +10% pitch and shaved 140mm ? Did you tried with the +20% pitch ?

Are you hitting the stated 30km/h at full throttle ?

21 kmh 47,5V 37-38A 56% throttle should be 1600rpm.
30 kmh at 75% throttle 46,5V 80A
Values with 3 Blade 140mm +10% Pitch

The +20 works too, needs more Power to get planing, and maybe just a bit less Power during foiling.
But: +20 is not that responsive on throttle, does not have so much thrust and seems to have more slip. Only my feeling. It is not so responsive like the +10.
Original pitch is very responsive, has plenty of thrust, but needs higher rpm/throttle and more power for foiling. About 2kW for 21kmh

1 Like

Is there anyone who has better values with the 80100 outrunner?

Thanks for your time, I appreciate it :slight_smile:

I’m planning to build my own directdrive 80100 / 130kv system. Asked APS for the motor and still waiting for his answer.

Was asking to know which prop suits best for the motor. Also, I would like to test both the 6" & 7" props from FR on this setup. Waiting for FR too :smile:

I may be wrong but feel like you can hit 40kmh + on 14S or more with the same setup and adapted prop. Maybe the FR 7" one.
Flying Rodeo has a top speed of 55kmh with his 130kv motor after all (at 5,5 kW I think). I am truly convinced we could accomplish such a performance with the 80100 :sunny:

Don’t forget he probably used a Moses Comet 111 race kitefoil for that, able to reach 35+ knots (65kmph) and he added it was not pleasant at that speed…
FR%20SPEEDY

I was not aware of this. Good point.

I sure believe it was not pleasant. I rode a small boat (more like a small RIB) last week with a 40hp motor. I took care to look at the tachometer at full throttle and I was hitting 5400 rpm at a speed I believe to be close to 60kmh. This was already absolutely not pleasant, so I can not imagine how you will feel on a small efoil…

Ok,
Going to test bigger 2 Blade Version and a smaller 4 Blade

4 Likes

I think it is nice to keep 3 blades for the strength in a printed propeller , what about reducing the area of the blades ? I am waiting to test my propeller ( finally designed one and got printed in sls …) with 0.45 area … aiming for 4000w at 4000rpm …

Which slicer do you use?
Is the support good?
I printed this prop upside down without any support, but i would love to learn the correct parameters to get a perfect support.

Yeah, strength may be an issue, i will see.
Slicing in cura
6 Perimeter, shifting wall layer, 60% infill, 40mm/s 0,2mm Layer, 200°/60° Support 50°
Removing Support is a bit annoying, sometimes it popps off in one piece, sometimes it takes chisel work

Awesome work V_S! Do you have a link to where you purchased these stainless steel bearings?

Sure

1 Like

Teaser: i have data!

5 Likes