When will the Flipsky VX3 be released?

There should be “duty cycle no reverse” as well which you can also use for bench testing without load.

thw VX3 have UART communication.
I switched between Duty Circle and Current Controll. With this Remote you see no difference…

In app settings, general, App to use: UART, I can’t choose duty cycle under VESC remote
Receiver is connected on UART

Sorry, didn’t see that you are using uart mode. Might depend on the commands sent to the serial line by the receiver of the remote.

Any waterproofing recommendations for the FLipsky VX3? or is it sealed/potted better than the Maytech?

My Maytech V2 was working great, but didn’t last the whole season before the screen went out. I even did the extra waterproofing based on forum recommendations. Was really happy with the Maytech V2 remote until the screen died. It still worked and was able to ride for the days session but not comforting with the screen completely black.

also meant so say thanks to the early buyers/testers and providing the feedback.

You have this proven Maytech screen 10usd repair from @Jsonnett seen here:

The same causes will unfortunately produce the same effects: your new screen will die after a couple of months so you should order at least two spare screens…

So, i realy have problems to activate comfortable the Cruisecontroll from the VX3.
Often i push the button when i move on my foil and switch to other powermode and wondering why i not come out.
But when i need to push the button, i need to move my thumb on side and press the button with my other hand. On my last attempt I thought I had activated cruise control and when I took my finger off the gas, I fell because it was not activated.
So, how you guys activete it more better?

Thanks for the tip. After some disassembly and drying, the screen came back on for a little while. Now the remote is no longer working, completely dead. I’m thinking it is beyond repair at this point, at least for me.

Waiting on my vx3 to get here now. I decided to purchase through Amazon. Faster shipping to the US and better customer support (return/refunds) if this remote is not waterproof.

[Flipsky Waterproof Remote Controller VX3 for Sea Water Esurfing Efoil Skateboard with Wireless Charger https://www.amazon.com/dp/B091T4PN6M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_CZVPH54J93MTFXTH2EAS?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1](Flipsky Waterproof Remote Controller VX3 for Sea Water Esurfing Efoil Skateboard with Wireless Charger https://www.amazon.com/dp/B091T4PN6M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_CZVPH54J93MTFXTH2EAS?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1)

Some days before my vacation, I got the second VX3.
So, now the 4. day in Croatia and I must say, now the VX3 is perfect for me.
Much more better signal, I can start easy on the stomach of my short Mala, no problem.
Also the VX3 was delivered with the new 1.4 firmware.

I must say, Flipsky made with that series a good product!

1 Like

Didn’t know there was V 1.4, what changes vs V1.2?

Found the article
https://flipsky.net/blogs/vesc-tool/vx3_v1-2-to-vx3_v1-4-updates

1 Like

I need to build an adapter for the metr pro to be able to program through the VX3 receiver plug. Which kind of plug is used for the receiver? Is it JST micro? 1.5mm?

If you are talking about the connector on the VX 3 receiver, it is JST-SH 1.25. But impossible to find one for my part.

They send to europe at least.

Yes, but I was looking for crimp connectors ( without wire ).

The VX3 is a piece of junk. Not actually waterproof. The remote started to fail after only 5 sessions (would randomly go into pairing mode) and then completely failed after the 6th. Can anyone recommend a remote that will last and has a receiver that works with a stardard ESC (not VESC)? Or has somehow found a way to properly waterproof either the VX3 or the Maytech remotes so they are reliable?

I used my VX3 the full last season. Also in saltwater, still working….

Good to know - did you do anything to help the waterproofing? I ended up tearing mine apart and found water between the rubberized shell and the buttons on the handle. I’ve ordered a replacement so hopefully better luck with this one.

I did nothing.
Yesterday after the winterbrake, I used the VX3 again successfully.

Yes, I did (remote v1.5), works good (despite the ugly pins at the ESC connector). :wink:

2 Likes