When will the Flipsky VX3 be released?

Did you remove the 0 ohm resistor from the internal antenna on the receiver?

Did you test this with PPM mode? Any news to report. I just ordered this remote and plan to use it with PPM.

No, I changed nothing.
It is easy to remove the resistor?
When I damage the Receiver I canā€™t ride.

And no, I am not using it with the PPM mode, I like the UART mode

I just ordered the VX3 from Bangood. Once I get it I will test it with my setup and see how well it works. I need the antenna extension because nothing penetrates my carbon hatch. In the above posts it says the receiver will default to the internal antenna unless the 0 ohm resistor is removed.

https://foil.zone/t/when-will-the-flipsky-vx3-be-released/11621/81?u=wushbush

Good luck! Iā€™ve found the antenna (even external) to not be very good so Iā€™ve reverted back to Maytech. Hoping a solution is discovered soon.

I had too big problems with the signal.

Robert, It would be nice to find someone in Austria who can help us improve the signal TX/RX of these remote receivers.

1 Like

Did anyone modify the receiver already with antenna extension to improve the signal? How does it work and what to do?

Yes, I did it with a 1.5m Antenna from Maytech.
It is better but not so good like the Maytech without a external antenna.

Do you have a photo, how you attached the antenna?

Exactly what he said. Pretty sure we all have, but it doesnā€™t make it on the same level as Maytech. Itā€™s noticeable for me as I have to keep my board as out of the water as possible vs Maytech I do not. Same ext antenna.

Maybe try our waterproof remote control

Where can we buy your remote from?

Has anyone disassembled an erayfoil remote to show how well itā€™s waterproofed - compared to the budget epoxy/coatings on the maytech which donā€™t last?

What do you think about this remote? Have you heard anything about it from anyone? I canā€™t find any information? I might buy one to test out?

Iā€™ve tried to get one for a review because Iā€™m sceptical as well about the waterproofing and working of the Tx/Rx. But they offered only a small discount. If they are 100% behind the product and would like to sell here a honest review would help a lotā€¦

I agree something out of the box that is fully waterproof, good signal strength, and affordable.

Their seller thread seems to indicate the eray is potted, rather than having a proper sealed housing. Iā€™d like a remote that has o-rings/gaskets and is watertight, not just coated electronics sitting in salt water.