Zesc Raiden-7 new 16s ESC for us Efoilers

Is this for a 120kv oder 100kv Motor?

Good work. A log of the temp would be nice, but you seem to use very serious watercooling, so it will not mean that much to us passively cooled guysā€¦

Wow yeah your battery current and motor current could be bumped up for sure! They both are probably limiting on that initial take off.

For the 30Q max discharge is 15A, but even at a safe 10A discharge you could bump it up to 120A battery discharge.

The Raiden-7 says 140A continuous phase current (250A boost) with good cooling- so your motor current max go up to 140A.

Iā€™ll probably bump it up over a couple sessions and see how it goes!

Sure just put 130A for the motor , 60A for battery: nice cool riding , 90-120 for speed if feels like it

120 KV 65161 motor, FR propeller, GONG regular M foil.

I donā€™t have any temp data yet. I watched the temperature being sent to my hand control. It hardly moved. I think it stayed at 30C most of the time. Hard to tell with out my glassā€™s.
As an experiment to see if the temperature feedback was working I ran hot water into my water pick up. The temperature change as expected.

I have just discovered the ZescRAIDEN 7, which seems to me to be a good specification and better than trampa in price. Do you recommend this VESC ?
Thank you

I now have 3 flights with this ZESC. I believe that this is going to be what I use if I do future builds. Keep in mind, I have very good cooling. And the ZESC documentation makes it clear that the specifications can only be achieved with good cooling. 3 flights is not enough data to say that I recommend it.

2 Things that are not so great.

1. The screws that are in the bottom should be recessed slightly more because the stick up slightly making it more difficult to get good thermo connection to a added heat sink. Not really a problem for me because I flooded the area with oil.
  2. The white plastic cover has kind of a mat finish and it picks up the dirt from your hands. Yes I have dirty hands sometimes.
1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @MAC ,
The VESC will be in a waterproof aluminium box which itself will be in contact with the bottom of the aluminium technical box of my MALA board ( inflatable ). Will this passive cooling be sufficient as it is on Robertā€™s @nice2cu V2 construction (same board, same technical box principle but VESC 75/300 Trampa)ā€¦?

4 Likes

You have plenty of aluminium to passively cool the vesc, with good thermal contact between the surfaces, it is no problem to passively cool the vesc. I have a similar setup with a smaller 4mm aluminium plate and maker-x 75200 vesc in a metal box attached to it. Vesc temperature never got above 60 degrees, even on longer runs.

2 Likes

Hi @MAC. Thanks for reviewing this nice piece of electronic! Can you do us a favour and turn off the water-cooling for your next try and log the temperature. I would guess that you donā€™t even need the water because of that massive aluminium block you have underneath. I run the VESC AS200 in a really small aluminium case without any cooling. Motor current is set to 180A. Max. temperature I saw is 70Ā°C

1 Like

Here is a lot of information received:

Even if my MALA board is back in SAV since June 14, 2021 and that the last news of Vlastimil is dated July 18, 2021 is I post you the repaired board tomorrow hoping that it is goodā€¦
To date, there is still no tracking number for the package and no response via messenger or face bookā€¦

Iā€™m also surprised by the size of the RAIDEN 7 and especially the lugs provided with it which mention compatible up to 6 AwG ā€¦ I let you judge and comment ā€¦

Personally this second project makes me lose hope ā€¦

RAIDEN 7ā€™s answer about the cables:

Ā« Sorry it is a mistake. The terminal can only fit 10awg.
ZESC team. Ā»
:rage::rage::rage:
While it mentions from 10 to 6 AWG

Everything exasperates me (RAIDEN, VLASTIMIL CREATOR OF MALA) I am angry ā€¦

I guess it is the same when they specify 24-78V and then 6-18s.
Is the max before it breaks 78V or can it handle more max volt so you can actually use 18S or is it a 16-17S vesc?

Wohoo.
This one is tostedā€¦
Thre bloen mosfets and tracks under, and also current amplifyers are blown and green from water intrusion.
Sorry m8 for your loss, but rhis one is not repairable.

I canā€™t tell you, and I didnā€™t ask myself the question because the maximum configuration that my akkubox allows me is 14s14p.
Question to @MAC :
Which awg section do you use for the power supply of the RAIDEN 7?
Thanks

@Manu Pick up some crimped ring connectors that for your cable? You are using 6awg?

https://www.newark.com/c/connectors/crimp-terminals-solder-terminals-splices/ring-crimp-terminals?stud-size-metric=m4&wire-size-awg-max=6awg

Too bad he couldnā€™t include a few different sizes

Yes 6 AWG, Thanks for the link, I was able to find in France thanks to the reference. :+1:

1 Like

What happened to the board that it needed to be replaced?

There was a kind of disbonding in 2 places of the carbon layer. He didnā€™t replace it but had it repaired by the manufacturing company apparently if I understood correctly.