2. Build from South Germany. Prone Board, SAITE 63100, 12S7P Molicel P42A

12€

1 Like

Anyone who knows me now knows that I am always optimizing my designs and never rest.

I have installed parts of mine in V1 on my 71 mast. However, there are now V3s of all the parts on my CAD.

I have optimized and improved a lot of the parts.

My printer ran for a few hours and now I have everything I need to assemble it.

At the same time, I will replace the 71 mast with an 82 V2.

Since I want to swap my 6384/63100 setups with my first build, the LMT-6 plug connection will now be used everywhere.

My daughter will get the 71 mast with the 6384 in efoil position.

I will also use my 6384 assist motor on the Prone Board for the wave.

3 Likes

Transfer from the 71cm V1 mast to the 82cm V2 done :star_struck:

Now I’m going to equip the 71cm with one of my 6384s for my 1. Build.

2 Likes

Hi Markus…did you redo the baseplate ???..if so, is that on your printables?.. i note the previous version was symmetrical at both ends…looks fantastic as always mate.
Cheers
K

1 Like

I have enlarged the section on the V3 a little and the cover. If you are interested, please send me a message. I don’t have it on printables yet.

My first test drive was after 2 minutes finished :boom: :bomb:

I actually didn’t want to show the pictures.
But I’m doing it anyway.
Mistakes happen to me too.

During the first test under load, the Flydragon broke down. I suspect a hardware error in the controller. Without load, all test runs were fine.

As the saying goes: don’t give up and keep going.

Spare parts such as a new Bopla box and controller are already available for installation at home.

Hangloose Markus

1 Like

I think most of us have blown a few speed controllers up. I’m losing faith in the flycolor stuff, I’ve blown a couple x-cross esc’s even with temp/current protection set below their rated values.

Your designs and skills are still epic and have given me and I’m sure many others inspiration to make better toys!

3 Likes

Thank you @Jesserosco :call_me_hand:

1 Like

You have to keep trying, I have burned a few VESC

2 Likes

Really sorry to hear this. Do you think you will stick with the same ESC or try another variant?

I am so sorry for you, I really hope you have been able to save some parts like the battery that is quite expensive. Your projects are so clever and professionnal, don’t be discouraged. Good luck with the re-construction :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Get your self a spinted vesc, you always want to set a current limit, you also get silent and smooth foc operation, totally worth

I will no longer use a Chinese controller for the Prone board.
I don’t want to experience what happened to me again.
I have decided to use a controller from Germany.

It is a Kontronik Kosmik 200A. Developed and produced in Germany.
No VESC :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Cant keep a good man down…u will succeed im sure. That Kontronik is.pretty pricey no???.

1 Like

Yes, new price 850€.
I got the controller used for 450€ :sunglasses:

Submerged boxes scare me.

Are you sure there wasn’t a water leak which caused the hardware fault on the speed controller?

One cool thing that Lacroix implemented with their efoil was that the whole compartment could be pressurised using a bike valve.

I recently repaired a vortex and for a water proof test, I put a few pumps of air inside from a bike pump, and then checked that the value would still allow air to flow out when pressed a few weeks later. If it holds air, then it waterproof.

A similar method could be used with yours. Or even to test the failed one to see if that was the cause.

4 Likes

The box is 100% waterproof. I have done many tests.

1 Like

The schrader valve is a neat idea. It was done by @brycej a few years ago:

2 Likes

New Setup finished :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Well you work fast!
The fuse seems to be a new addition. I’ve seen them placed on both positive and negative sides in different builds, I’m not sure which end is really better?

1 Like