6384 Printable Prop Search for eFoil

I’m looking for a good 3 blade propeller to print for the 6384. It doesn’t have to be foldable. Does anyone have a recommendation?

HangLoose

1 Like

Would be interested too to get a 3 blade folding. Now printing the smaller 2 blade to get options

There is one at 180mm Dia, and one at 160mm.

Also Received a 6384. Is yours of the same style?

I will see if I can design a hub for existing blade designs.

1 Like

3 Blade folding is here:

And I think you have the same Motor.

Might be worth a try to print it.
Here is how it looks after tweaks

Fitment is not perfect, but maybe close enough

2 Likes

AYE did not remember about this one you posted, not convinced about the blade design for printing.

1 Like

Did you see this one?

1 Like

I tried it printed in PA12, it broke after the first take off. It has to be laminated according to the designer.

2 Likes

@Etiennebzh The folding one or fixed 3 blade?

The folding propeller @hangloose proposed

1 Like

I have the 3 blade folding prop working. I did need to laminate all parts though with 100g carbon fibre.

1 Like

This design looks interesting. If you are happy to share the files, I would be interested in testing this and comparing it to the other I have.

Here, but untested as of now

2 Likes

Started printing one, I added more celarance for the baldes as they come out wider than the CAD model by around 0.3mm. I only had modelled 0.2mm clearance, now up to 0.6mm There is a V2 file uploaded to GRABCAD

@nekitesurfing :

I’ll print the prop out of PETG-CF and see how stable it becomes. Otherwise it will be laminated.

2 Likes

has anyone found/tried a 3 blade fixed prop for the 6384/6374 motor? I haven’t found one yet and want to try on my tow boogie builds.

1 Like

Hey @nekitesurfing, for laminating, did you remove a 2mm layer from the overall CAD design or did you sand where necessary after? Thanks!

1 Like

I sanded it down but this was a long and quite tedious task. If I was to do it again I would have printed it slightly smaller. Particularly the props.

1 Like

Concerning the efficiency, is it a real game changer as FD claims compared to what you had before ?

Because I did one take off before it broke by cavitation with my PA12 one and I did not feel any big difference compared to my 2 blades propellerking.

I have no way of measuring the efficiency on my set up. I have only used it 3 times so far but in terms of “feel” I find there is more thrust but it isn’t a big difference. I too have the propeller king two blade folding prop which is excellent so I wouldn’t say you need to change. I just like experimenting.

1 Like

Hey people,
Did you try cf?
Cf-pet (not petg) seems stronger than cf-petg, from reviews.
I would guess that the orientation of printing the blades matters a lot. Probably horizontally should be stronger, although needs cleaning. Temperature as well higher maybe to fuse the layers.
Maybe propellers better be printed with a resin printer because resin doesn’t depend on orientation.