Anyone have any thoughts on this setup?

I see them on eBay instock and cheaper. Would two of those really net 1.5h or ride time?

That totally depends on your setup and usage

But lets calculate, when you have a 12s pack with 8000mah thats 888Wh
When your Efoil draws average 17Amps you get 71 minutes runtime

Just be the usual 65161 120kv, 75200, 100L fliteboard with fliteboard prop. Now you have me 2nd guessing :thinking:

I think 888wh is on the small side for an efoil battery. As an example, the Flitecell nano is 806wh and is generally meant for users who prefer a lighter setup and ride efficiently (donā€™t fall, catch waves/wake). Fliteboardā€™s other batteries are 1600wh and 2100wh and I think those are more in line with what efoils typically come with.
If youā€™re imagining a day on the lake with a few people wanting to try an efoil that 888wh will go fast

I agree the battery needs to fit the designated type of fun. Those large 2100wh fliteboards can lift two people. But big weight can also be sluggish and boring.

@stinkwhistle If you get 4 packs you can choose between 12s2p with 1770wh or have a spare set on the G23

At that point of buying 4 Im better off building one cost wise, I think. If only 2 were needed I would be sold.

Sluggish and boring is what I need at least for a bit to learn lol.

@stinkwhistle I do feel bad that I snatched one of the last packs from under your nose, couldnā€™t resist the deal and they were just a few exits down the turnpike from my house.
Hereā€™s another pack I was looking at earlier last year that I think could work: 2kWh 48v 42Ah 14s Boston Swing 5300 Battery | JAG35.com Jehu Garcia DIY Powerwalls Lithium-ion Batteries EV eBike eScooter Ecoflow Bluetti Expansion Battery ā€“ Jag35

No worries its my fault for dragging me feet. The height is the killer on that pack. Hopefully the seller on ebay accepts then Im back in business. If not Iā€™ll contiune the search as its no rush.

When I tested my 10S11P pack on my rig which has same board, motor,vesc and prop you mention. I am using a Gong V2 aluminum mast with their X-over L 85 foil and I weigh about 83kg and am fairly consistent in my riding.

I logged using Vesctools a cruising Amp usage of approximately, long S curve path at 25kmh

Current motor 60A
Current Battery 33A

A start uses about:

Current Motor 95A
Current Battery 50A

1 Like

I think this is actually two separate packs in series. So the height of 5.75" is just the two packs side by side. I see no reason you canā€™t re-orient them. He also sells these pack individually for $250 and the listing I shared is the price for two. Height is actually 2.875", or ~72.5mm. That should fit in a fliteboard
Here is the individual pack:

A consumption of about 750W is about as low as iā€™ve seen here, that wonā€™t be an average with some carving, starts, wind etc. This assumption is a bit too low in my opinion.

@BasNL

Can you provide detail on your rig? I would like to understand how you can foil using an average of 17A.

1 Like

@S_Roger Ok that makes more sense now that I look at it. This may be the ticket if the eBay offer is declined. Thanks for the link!!

eBay was a no go. The seller repsonded 2 days later that they were all sold even tho it said there were 10. My board delivered sat so going to work on the alum plate adapter until a suitable battery can be found.

I like your taste in boards!!:grinning:

2 Likes

Thats right! Seems to be alot of V1ā€™s in this scheme. When I made the facebook post looking for one I got a few people message me all with the ash boards.

Check it out @stinkwhistle, I found more of those packs that just got posted on Jehu Garciaā€™s site, his price is higher though. He tends to drop prices
if something doesnā€™t sell fast enough.

1 Like

Thanks! Also found a discount code LIFESTYLE for 10% off so it was less than $100 more. Ordered it today. Which BMS/Charger would you guys suggest?

1 Like

Happy to hear you got a pack. :grinning:

Are you thinking you need a BNS - charger solution that hasnā€™t already been discussed in this thread?

Other than the one I posted, yours and @vincent R4830 power supply with variable Voltage there hasnt been another mentioned. Upon further research and price standpoint im leaning towards vincents suggestion with BMS. Mainly becuase I can pick one up from eBay or Amazon quicker than something from aliexpress.