Assist / Light build from France [maytech kit]

LOOKS GOOD.
Did you also model the blades to make the root thinner?
files available for your design?

Unfortunately, my level is not high enough to model the blades. I used stl from Volker propeller. If you need files, I can send them.

2 Likes

yes, I would be interested to get the blades files to modify my design. Yours is also for a 6384?
thanks!

Better now thanks. basically the same part you already designed :joy:

3 Likes

One more session today, trying the assist with the wing in almost no wind was fun!
my two blade prop in abs seems to be degrading near the tip/back edge. They have at least 8 sessions/15 batteries.
I would like to machine a mold for forged carbon or resin cast blades. Evening project for the big cnc at work.

Failure last friday, I was playing in the waves, but on the second pack, I had a hard Time to cross the shorebreak.
The box opened one clamp,:grin: the box full of seawater.
The battery was electrolising, Impressive.

After rinsing, dryinng, inspection, battery IS fine, receiver IS fine, but vesc is dead.

It was mainly potted in mastic, but not around the USB port, where it must have shorted.

So I will test the 60100Hp in the water soon. The bench tests are not great, compared to 75200 that has nice perf!

Here are tests results

Test setup in openloop

any vesc experts here?
I have current spikes on the 60100hp above a threshold of current that is dependant on the FOC switching frequency.
Here is how it looks when it starts

with 5khz I can reach 81A, but at 30khz only 58A
I tested all settings related to the current mesurements

Wonder if it’s related something like this: How to update firmware on the Flipsky 75100 & 75200 FOC ESC - #281 by jaykup - The Citadel - Essential References for Esk8 - esk8.news: DIY Electric Skateboard Forums
Your curves don’t look too bad compared to those though. Is it always when phase1 crosses zero?

1 Like

maybe someting like that going on. I did not take so many photos during my tests but here is how it looks during other bugs when I insists with high current. bugs happens twice after phase 1 cross zero. Will make more tests, maybe just a coincidence.
Could be linked to dead time compensation?

Don’t know enough to say, maybe post a question in the vesc discord? Post a link here please if you do, interesting to find a root cause to it!

Maybe related, but maybe irrelevant in openloop

What is the hardness and manufacturer of the TPU material which you used?

94 A

1 Like

I prepared the box with 60100hp vesc.
Despite warning on this thread, I was banboozeled by the reverse color wires!!
Seems like ppm IS dead, but uart saves the day, again :cry::grin:

2 Likes

By the way this is how the tips of my recut prop looks like after 5-10 rides.

Still did not manage a succesfull print of the 3 blade hub. The blades came out very nice in asa :+1:

First ride went well!
One and a half battery, no water ingress.
The vesc seems to have the current mesurement issue also with the 6374 motor, above 75% throttle there is a strange sound seems like mild desynchronisation.
The controller température did not exeed 50°c with the heatsink out in the water :+1:

I need to find a smaller foil and smaller board, cause it is not super fun in the current setup, just a slow and light e-foil.

Weighted the setup at 2.9kg without motor.

1 Like

@Bzhwindtalker can you guide me on the problem you had with high angle of attack of the board, I also get the forward stance issue. Really hard to get smooth starts and balance. I use the same board and rig for wingfoil so I was pretty surprised on this behaviour. I have the same setup with 6374 and trying to figure out if I’m better off shimming the whole mast or if I should print a angle shim between motor and pod mount. Also looking for a decent 3 blade folding prop if anyone has, plase DM or post link.

Low power makes it more critical, if you have no speed you can only create lift tru angle of attack.
Mast wire taping also makes a big difference, as drag above the motor creates up pitch moment.
With the board rocker I had to shim by 5° under the base plate.
Stab shiming helped, but mast shimming was more effective, and more neutral based on speed.
Since I improved motor power, and added the base plate shim, Improved hydro cable management, I can use the smaller stab.
The technique is also important, you have to generate speed progressively, if you go full throttle at once it can cause more up pitch.
Without shim I could not generate much speed…

1 Like

I wonder how it works, in which direction is the shim, is the wing angled/shifted forward (thick shim in the back, thin on the front of the plate)?

How does that angle feel when you’re riding at speed?

Its all about the rocker of the board. The F-One boards are banana’s. This means the foil naturally points partially down for an efoil instead of purely forwards.

This leads to the board nose pushing high on takeoff and a lot of front foot pressure once standing.

It would have to be thick at back and thin in front to level out the board deck vs foil (as much as possible)

1 Like