Assist / Light build from France [maytech kit]

Have 2 75200 and this 60100 to test out here. The 75200 will be evaluated for another application and will be pushed to the max. The 60100 is for my foil, maybe we also put it on the test bench torture.

I wonder wich is best for hydro, I would suspect this approach is not as good as one contiunous profile, but I could be wrong as I added cross section. It must be pretty rigid to prevent flutter/vibrations.

I imagine your continuous sections would produce a bit less drag (though the leading edge of a printed part may not be as smooth as the mast itself).
In another thread Mantafoil stated the sections are aluminum

And the 3 phase wire seems… flat to decrease this small mast section thicknesss…

Just normal wires…

The New guide works perfect ! Now the board is more balanced and no more cavitation.
I could go 45+ minutes on one 7s4p battery

Removal is quite easy in the end.

I think the stance difference between both boards was due to the taping and motor height.

1 Like

i’m Working on the three blade propeller now but it’s not easy with the bolts

1 Like

If it helps, the genuine 3 blade hub from foil drive only has 3 holes for mounting the hub to the motor housing. One of the 4 on the motor is unused.

Thanks for the information, the issue is mainly for the 3 bolts holding the blades in.
They are interfering with each other due to the blades Root width. With stl only, any modification to the blades is tedious !

I recently modeled several versions of folding propellers and had no problems. All screws work

LOOKS GOOD.
Did you also model the blades to make the root thinner?
files available for your design?

Unfortunately, my level is not high enough to model the blades. I used stl from Volker propeller. If you need files, I can send them.

2 Likes

yes, I would be interested to get the blades files to modify my design. Yours is also for a 6384?
thanks!

Better now thanks. basically the same part you already designed :joy:

3 Likes

One more session today, trying the assist with the wing in almost no wind was fun!
my two blade prop in abs seems to be degrading near the tip/back edge. They have at least 8 sessions/15 batteries.
I would like to machine a mold for forged carbon or resin cast blades. Evening project for the big cnc at work.

Failure last friday, I was playing in the waves, but on the second pack, I had a hard Time to cross the shorebreak.
The box opened one clamp,:grin: the box full of seawater.
The battery was electrolising, Impressive.

After rinsing, dryinng, inspection, battery IS fine, receiver IS fine, but vesc is dead.

It was mainly potted in mastic, but not around the USB port, where it must have shorted.

So I will test the 60100Hp in the water soon. The bench tests are not great, compared to 75200 that has nice perf!

Here are tests results

Test setup in openloop

any vesc experts here?
I have current spikes on the 60100hp above a threshold of current that is dependant on the FOC switching frequency.
Here is how it looks when it starts

with 5khz I can reach 81A, but at 30khz only 58A
I tested all settings related to the current mesurements

Wonder if it’s related something like this: How to update firmware on the Flipsky 75100 & 75200 FOC ESC - #281 by jaykup - The Citadel - Essential References for Esk8 - esk8.news: DIY Electric Skateboard Forums
Your curves don’t look too bad compared to those though. Is it always when phase1 crosses zero?

1 Like

maybe someting like that going on. I did not take so many photos during my tests but here is how it looks during other bugs when I insists with high current. bugs happens twice after phase 1 cross zero. Will make more tests, maybe just a coincidence.
Could be linked to dead time compensation?

Don’t know enough to say, maybe post a question in the vesc discord? Post a link here please if you do, interesting to find a root cause to it!