BREmote - DIY Remote

Hi okp,

To make the moments before your vacation easier, I have packed you another complete LR Bremote DIY case (housing, screws, magnets) so that you can fix the old one and the LR-BREmote – DIY KIT transmitter-only version.

To ensure you get the package on time, I chose DHL at no additional cost; the package will be in your hands on Monday.

1 Like

as usual this is more than a premium service !!! can’t wait to fix it !

hope you didn’t miss the two foam kits cause each build requires more than one seringue kit. maybe the temperature alters the foam expansion

Hi
Of course, I also included two packs of foam as you asked for. By Monday, I will post my conclusions regarding packaging and type of foam. I did a research that showed the causes of poor reactivity of polyurethane foam expansion in different parts of the world. Although I always send the same type.

:soon: Stay Tuned

1 Like

Btw if you build a new remote, you may try the new version from my friend Jürgen, who increased the travel of the toggle for better steering
Also don’t forget to check if the antenna connector is bent and cover with a bit of hot glue.

VID_20240809_154806_372.mp4-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/wo9yp0z0z4896mb3rri03/BremoteSTEP_20230410-Antennenbreite-58mm-langer-Lenkweg-v57.step?rlkey=unfp2ubp8qh91ti46dws8zfxs&st=10eizj6d&dl=0

4 Likes

is there any chance of fixing this? or have to print a new one from scratch?

can anyone say if using gorilla expanding polyurethane glue will for making a new remote?

Same fix as here.

Check in the datasheet of the glue if the foam is closed-cell

I noticed there is a lip on the piece on the print file, but my remote does note have it. is this piece the same as the other side but in reverse? or is there a more updated version without it?

This is the side of the toggle button - the shield is a protection from accidentally turning the toggle
The trigger side looks different
Those are the new files I uploaded? Your version should be the one from GitHub

both sides of my remote do not have that part

Check the files here
Seems you printed the normal part twice, once mirrored?

1 Like

here are my 2 remotes, each has the other side that needs to be replaced. but i did not cut it like you showed in the picture.

for making sure it is waterproof when I put it together, any advice?

if I print it in carbon this PET carbon, do you think the antenna will have issues transmitting through it?

I would cover all the parts in a layer of epoxy before reattaching the side piece.
CF will definitely reduce range.

this is more than premium service. @ludwig_bre @JasminRM

Big thank you. I’m back on track.

I just finished the assembly of the new one + fixing the existing.

6 Likes

Silicone foam, interesting, isn’t it?

It expands only 4 times, but:

Cured foam is high heat resistance (will resist up to 350°F/176°C), water resistant, UV resistant and resists oxidation and ozone degradation.
Used for potting and encapsulation of electrical circuits and vibration dampening

Really interesting! Thanks for sharing.
Will definitely look into that and try it out.

1 Like

Hmm, seems not to be bonding to any surface, so it might give the water a chance to creep along surfaces.

I’m looking for some help. I’m not able to successfully calibrate communications between the Rx and the ESC. I’m looking for a way forward.

The ESC is a Hobbywing FlyFun HV 160A. It supports a throttle frequency of 50 Hz. My understanding is the frequency of the Tx is set to 61Hz, which should be OK.

All is good between the Tx and Rx, it calibrated OK, no errors there. However, when I attempt the calibrate steps between the Rx and the ESC, I hear no beeps from the ESC.

I’ve contacted Hobbywing Support and they suggest I lower the pulse timing for 0 and 100% throttle.

Where can I make this adjustment?