BREmote - DIY Remote

Just to double check, can you send the shared config of the Rx?

I just hooked it up to another RX and it works fine. This is the one with the APD ESCā€™s and I had to change the ocr values and change the second output to aux 1 and 2. The boogie runs fine and it was reading the correct battery percentage before. Itā€™s reading exactly half of the actual battery percentage, so maybe Iā€™ll just try doubling the voltage as a work around.

Can you check this area for any damage?
And measure the voltage between the two red marks while applying a known voltage, like 50V from the battery?

1 Like

At 46V the left red line in your picture is reading 1.75v and the right red line is reading 17.3mV.
No visible damage.

This is a pic of my RX board

Ok, that is the expected voltages on these pins, so components are fine. Can you measure the voltage on the 3.3V pin? On the bottom of the PCB, where it says GND-SDA-SCL-3V3? If that is OK too, maybe reupload the code just to be sure the configuration is correct?

2 Likes

when I charge my 12s battery to 49.8v, and confirm this with a volt meter. then turn on my remote and it shows only 59% charged? it should show about 95% charged.

I have the RX file set to:
#define FOIL_BAT_EMPTY_AT 360
#define FOIL_BAT_FULL_AT 504

It shows the 59% at power up or all the time when powered on?
How do you read the battery? Via analog ubat or via VESC UART?

Hi, I bought a complete kit that I put together and I was doing the filling today.
I mixed and then put the handle in the pot as in the video. But for some reason it was leaking out at the side when I pushed down the remote in the cup.
Was it because I was not quick enough after I mixed it or is it because the cup was not tight enough?
How to redo it?

Looks like it was not properly mixed actuallyā€¦ so you should have mixed longerā€¦
Also I see some liquid left in the syringe on the right?

How far did the foam go inside the remote?

The liquid on the right is just soya.
Aha, so I mixed to little.
I havent removed it yet. I will do that and check if I can see anything

I turned on the remote and it read about 59% for about a minute. then I turned off the remote. I have the UBAT part of the RX board plugged into the wire that goes from the battery to the controller.

Iā€™m showing 3.83v on the 3v3 pin by sda/scl.

Iā€™ve tried reloading the code a few times with no luck. Such a weird issue.

I feel like these mateksys BECā€™s are the cause of most problems. I have zero proof of this, but they have been finicky for me. Can you run off 2s for the BREmote RX with differential steering or is that too high a voltage? Im gonna find a better BECā€¦ any suggestions?

3.83V is too high, out of specā€¦
Seems like the 3.3V regulator may be damaged, this can indeed happen by a bad BEC giving more than 5V to the Rx inputā€¦ Some BECs give out voltages peak at startupā€¦

Sadly I donā€™t know of any high quality BECs for the voltages we are talking hereā€¦ you could check industrial regulator bricks, like from traco power (https://www.tracopower.com/sites/default/files/products/datasheets/tdr2wi_datasheet.pdf?t=1725408001)

1 Like

Same here, can you measure the voltage on the 3.3V pin?

No matter where I put the power on my voltmeter itā€™s still shows about 50 V and the remote shows about 58%

He means to use a voltmeter to read what the 3v3 pin is in volts. So put your voltmeter black/negative lead on the ground/gnd pad and the red/positive lead on the 3v3 pad and tell him what the voltmeter reads with the battery plugged in. There are a couple different 3v3 pads, so make sure you check the one that is next to SDA and SCL.

I wonder if leaving the RX board disconnected until after connecting the battery would help prevent any voltage spikes? I also ordered the mateksys pro BEC to see if it works better.

Looking at the traco power TDR 2-4811WI, it outputs 400mA maximum. Is that plenty of power?

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/traco-power/TDR%25202-4811WI/9383125?utm_adgroup=&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PMax%20Shopping_Product_Low%20ROAS%20Categories&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_id=go_cmp-20243063506_adg-_ad-__dev-c_ext-_prd-9383125_sig-Cj0KCQjwiuC2BhDSARIsALOVfBIhKVu9LwQcorGza9n_uSO9qiVlRAhH6aTnvD1z1sjqFCMjZbU7Kb8aAtCQEALw_wcB&gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAADrbLlg5cEuCAaEan_eJeL_BZT8U-&gclid=Cj0KCQjwiuC2BhDSARIsALOVfBIhKVu9LwQcorGza9n_uSO9qiVlRAhH6aTnvD1z1sjqFCMjZbU7Kb8aAtCQEALw_wcB

Have you ever published your pistol grip case?

No, because I still havenā€™t been able to solve the problem with the correct placement of the magnets. So far I have either the correct range of the trigger or the selector. If someone wants to do this, Iā€™m certainly ready to share the model.
Iā€™m sure this is a solvable problem, I just donā€™t have enough time.

after i start using it, it seems to give a bit better of a reading of battery level. now when its 49.6v it shows 80%. I do check the voltage meter at the same spot the wire is connected that goes to the RX board for the battery.