E-foil PWRFoil the beginning of sales ;)

Are the boards the same? Only reserved for customers?

Not reserved to customers but you’ve to adapt the mast fixation system to our frame, designed in the board and our battery enclosure (due to the fixation inserts).

PWR released v3.

They claim 3h autonomy and 60kmh+…. Their smaller wing being a 1250cm2 I’m having a hard time to believe this last claim…. Would be good for brands to start backing up this kind of claim with video and data…

I dunno about the specs but I found the video to be nicely done.

He said their new motor is 70mm diameter vs 65 for last one. Might explain perf increase

Sure the video is nice. 60km/h+ with a 1250cm2 wing I will believe it when I see it…

They running the 70165 120KV motor. It has a claimed 10KW of power. Not sure how much you’ll really get out of it though… I assume that they are also using the 300A ESC that comes from the same factory but is sold by Flipsky, Maytech, ZTW and a few other manufacturers.

Their 3 hour battery is just a much larger battery, but you’ll have added weight.

I actually found the company supplying their molded hatch section, but can’t remember the name now. It would allow anyone to recreate a custom board. I’m not convinced on the upside down loading of the battery though…

Hey @Jezza, could you find out the company supplying? :thinking:

I have my best ride day ever the last month with 3 other rider with the second owner of pwr foil and redwoodpadle at Biscarrosse lake in France he was here for a pwr promomotional weekend, my Friend and the local rental owner and he was says to me he use a reacher motor with their spécifications…Can hit 70 crazy km/h with their News injected low cost props…with hifei ESC with their own firmaware and a mayteck remote with their own firmware and good Waterproof coating .
So i just test a 4.2 board si tiny and hard top me to efoiling with their wing diy cut…they have 2 batteries size and no Big weight difference curiously for me a very good product for rent simple to assemblate and Big riding Time batteries :wink: ans they’re working on their own remote controler.

70km/h wow….! Was this incredible performance accomplished after THE sardine blocked the port of Marseille harbour entrance on a day with 60kts tailwind? Mistral is strong in south of France… :joy:

Maybe pwr owners Can says more Real log about it jetsurfnation just test it in he’s New vidéo :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Easy enough to get an accurate laser rangefinder these days. They are cheap enough. Then record a nice video of the performance to backup such claim… Then you soon realise you forgot to stop the recording of the Garmin watch on the way home….:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Hey I reached 88kmh yesterday 70kmh way to slow…

2 Likes

Does this guy also walk around with a roll of toilet paper below his lower lip?

I’m guessing no one’s even bothered thinking about the maths on this one, so let me simplify it…

Even with a 9" pitch prop, 16s battery and absolutely no slippage from prop or resistance from the foil would this friend even get to 70kph. The max possible with perfect figures would be 68kph. Now with a realistic prop slip and foil resistance the max all of a sudden becomes 61kph on 16s. Lower that to 14s and you looking at about 53kph. Now I bet pwrfoils prop is probably a 7" pitch too so that bring the top speed down to a max theoretical of 45kph in ideal conditions.

6:36 An app allowing to control the eFoil remotely (Phone subscription needed) is a great idea not only for rentals but also if you can trace the board in case of theft (not indicated in the video).

Pls send link to the metr log. We all want to see

2 Likes

You want to see how fast my ute goes with my Efoil in the tray??? :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I agree about the theory so we need log from PWR owners to see if he says me a bullshit…

The 88kmh he claimed to reach was with his car. This was sarcasm implying PWR-foil would have probably done the same to measure their speed :smiley:

No matter the maths or specs, 70kmh isn’t sustainable. It’s already dangerous on boat, it might be possible (would need beefy specs, high pitch, …) but I don’t think anyone would sustain this speed (IF this was possible) for more than a couple of seconds. Not to mention that you would probably die hitting the water on foil at this speed or at least suffering severe injuries…

2 Likes

You will not die if you are used to fall at high speed, back and neck hurt for a week, crashed myseft on Jetski above 100km/h even if i slowed down before hitting water , it was a lot more painfull than 50 crashed on my Efoil .
My friend crashed at 135km/h , again the all flipping thing taken taking place , probably hit water at a much lower speed

The worst is if you wear a big helmet ,it pulls your head hard

Hard to keep you conscient after the fall , most life jacket will not keep you on the back ( better by 2)

But the main question is : how you we ride a Efoil at 60 or 70km/h ? Is it even possible ?

As a benchmark, on a foilboard, the world speed records on 500m are (oct 2021):

• kite + foilboard: 40.59knots = 75.17kmh (Vmax 46+), 58knots WR without foil
  • windsurf + foilboard: 37.19knots, 53 knots without foil
  • wing + foilboard = 26.32knots