Efoil V3 - STL files for Gong foil and Flipsky motor 12mm - Parts list - Schematics

ok, the XL explaines the low current rating.

Gong doesn’t stock any xl wing anymore I have been looking for it for a while now

with the curve I don’t no exactly the speed for the take off (I will look at my GPS for the next ride) I think 13/14 km/h and Vmax 25km/h after there is a whistling certainly due to stab, and I don’t like the noise when I ride.
Never test L or M gong curve but I ride with a ketos foil with cruiser / wave XL and fr2
and the XXL curve start really earlier. But I tried it on a kitefoil, and it’s not very fun “pleasant”
it’s too big.
V1 more power but more noise, and more complicated for construction.
if i build a new one it will be with an engine like the flypsky

2 Likes

I check my GPS for my last ride yesterday, lower speed 11 km/H

1 Like

Could you share current pick to go on the wing in this config and yours weight? Your board still 24kg?

SoEFoil wrote:
If I analyse correctly, the 20+% amp gain comes from a more triangular prop blade shape:

=> the gain 23A to 18A comes : new prop diam 132mm old 125mm
and i sanding the trailing edge (more sharp). I don’t think the shape improved
efficiency. Because I tried to do the same :slight_smile: but you’re right it’s not realy the same
it’s more triangular but it’s exactly the same blade.
On the first propeller I had done a “dirty job” :slight_smile: , I had a slightly different blade
look on the picture of the lower blade

and also I sanded the cone at the base of the blades

I look forward to receiving the aluminum propeller from FR to compare the efficiency and install the swirlcone from cim96dm7

1 Like

@jeffM did you ever have to widen the hole in the back mast clamp? I have 3 8awg wires that I am trying to fit through this back mast clamp from the flipsky motor and it seems to be too tight of a fit.

1 Like

No I didn’t need to widen the hole
it’s tight but it works with 3 8awg cables
I got the stl from the forum
if i remember correctly it was robert’s creation @nice2cu
he can answer if he reads this post

Hi, which one you are using?

I am using the flipsky 65161/gong mast mount. My motor has these connectors on the end that are the issue, were these connectors on your flipsky motors?

:rofl::rofl::rofl: sorry but you must cut off the plugs.
You will also not have luck when you want to thread through the mast :wink:

2 Likes

Figured so! I was lucky to get one of the plugs through :joy: Thanks for the advice :call_me_hand:

1 Like

That is for the sceptics :wink:

not understand

Today, with my new battery 1H10.
And there were still some.

I tested the spinner, but failed (with an other prop, because I can’t install it on my alu prop)
I need nore than 60A for the take off and 35/40 amp for ride

After this nice ride => kite foil for 2 hours

5 Likes

Robert, it was just to show the consumption at 16A during the session.

2 Likes

Looks like an excellent spot to efoil and kite! That is my perfect day, efoil until the wind comes up and hop on the kite!

2 Likes

To save a little space in my VESC box, I modify the cooling circuit
with a U on the inlets and I realized that one of the outlets was blocked by the sealing resin of the thread :frowning:
Therefore disassembly of the 4 connectors, cleaning the circuit, and reassembly with Teflon. Everything works fine now. So check your Vesc

I also tested a session without the pump, but it doesn’t work, the pressure is not powerful enough to cool without the help of a pump, shame !!

I am shaping a new board in 125 * 58 * 10, so that it fit in the pick up without having to disassemble anything :slight_smile:

!

3 Likes

Now that looks like a good hatch!
What brand is it? do you have a link to it?

Nice build by the way!.. and… is / was that a maytech receiver?

Too bad even if this solution is working for many DiYers.
Are you sure the nose inlet is clear of debris and that you don’t have a right angles in the hose between the pod and the ESC ? The pressure hates right angles or a pinched hose. I remember a guy without pump here who has the hose outlet under one of his feet to sense the warm water and detect if sthg is going wrong.

4 Likes