EML-Store.com - The Efoil Propeller Store

I’ve been running a Fold Prop on my assist motor setup for 6 weeks now. Working great so far. Smooth power delivery and easy to get airborne. My motor is a 6374 130KV on a 6S3P pack with 150Amp ESC. The quality of the prop and hub is nice and smooth. The Stainless steel shoulder bolts are a nice touch something not explained on the website. I’ve previously bent smaller M3 bolts on fold props and the bolts supplied are much more robust. The prop blades themselves are more delicate than an aluminium equivalent but lightweight and do the job for me. My only negative was the 8 week postage time from Germany to Australia. Next time I will post to family in UK and re-direct.

I’m 85kg and using GoFoil RS1150cm2 and GT2200cm2 foils on 115Litre downwind Sup.

Some pics attached for those who are interested in buying.

4 Likes

I would be interested in an efficiency comparison for the eco 2 blade and the hyperdrive 3 blade with the manta 3 blade and the flying rodeo propellors. Less power required to maintain cruising speed equals more waves on the tow boogie.

@superlefax, have you also an option for the folding proplerr to assemble on a Takuma Carver2?

tks

Nope. But I just would need a technical drawing of the hub of the original Takuma propeller. Maybe than I can adopt a new hub for the FOLD propeller.

ok, i will do asap
tks

1 Like

I am running two hyperdrive (one black over and a new white one) on my setups and overall I am extremely satisfied:

Setup:
Flipsky 65161 100kV on 12s and 120kV on 14s.
Gong Curve LT and Veloce LT.

For both setups prop is very smooth and easy to get on foil - despite my all up weight of up to 135 kg depending on board & battery I am using.

Overall - surprisingly - I do not see a big difference in efficiency or speed between the two:
I typically ride at between 20 and 30kmh, I do not really like to go much faster than that.

Efficiency is typically below 60Wh/km at ~25km/h average speed, even better than my hand-made two blades and works better than the FR prop I also have.

I can’t follow the statements I from @Kwinty - you can’t even begin to compare the horrible Flipsky prop with this one…

Rather typical log see below.

3 Likes

here the hub dimension for Takuma Carver2.
did you have something to adapt?

What is the thread size and in which direction is the original Takuma propeller spinning?

@superlefax
direction left to right, clockwise

the part with tread has a diameter of 8mm
tread type i don’t know, i try with 8MA but the thread is opposite …
here pictures

Hi @Gianvi: I’m producing my props always counter clockwise spinning. So I can’t use my stock propeller blades. How many blades and hubs do you would need? Price would be 149€ if I would produce at least 5 sets (1 set = 1 hub, 2 blades).

1 set only would be 249€.

BTW: I also registered a new domain for the store: :laughing:

Propellerking.com

1 Like

I’m interested in the folding propeller. I’ve got a 6384 motor running just 6s that I use as an assist. Would this propeller be suitable?

Thanks

Yes, just check out @Foil_A_Lot with his review:

He is using a 6S battery as well.

Last weekend I tried both props, hyperdrive and echodrive (white): the first impression was very positive: total absence of vibrations (I used a Lift prop with the adapted hole, evidently off-axis so quite of vibrations).
These propellers are very well balanced.
The echodrive felt a little bit more direct and nervous, the hyperdrive very quiet, easy and progressive.
Great job, congratulations!

Setup:
Flipsky 65161 120kV on 12s.
Axis PNG1010 and BSC1060.

5 Likes

Ordered my fold propeller for 6384 motor 3 weeks ago and delivered to me today in New Zealand.

Build quality looks amazing. Will report back when I get the chance to use it in the surf.

Many thanks

3 Likes

Hi @Gianvi: Finally I designed the hub for the Takuma Carver 2:

grafik

Diameter: 162mm
Pitch: 5″
direction of rotation: **clockwise**

It also comes with a Left Thread Nylon M8 Lock Nut, Stainless Steel A2

I can give you a beta tester price of 179€. It’s of course at your own risk because I don’t have a Takuma Foil here for testing. Please double check everything. Let me how you feelin :wink:

Have a great day,

Frank

Hello @superlefax Are there folding props coming for the Flipsky 65161? Thanks!

Hallo…schön ich suche nach einem propeller für den 65161 flipsky…aber bei 7" pitsch musst du den flypsky dann schon mit 84 volt fahren damit man auf speed komm…bei 52 volt komme ich auf 4400 rpm leerlauf real dann so 3500 damit gibt es 25 km/h …nicht viel ?

@ericefoil : I need to modify the prop for the Flipsky motor again because I’m not 100% happy with its overall performance. I’m testing the new version in two weeks and can tell you how it went.

However the version for the 63100 motor works absolutely great.

@BOB: Hi, I hope its okay if I answer in English. That’s a recent log for the Hyperdrive Propeller with the Flipsky 120kv motor @ 12S

Don’t use those Flipsky propellers. They are totally out of balance and the diameter is way to big. The VESC will get hit the max. current pretty fast. That’s why you don’t get to Propeller to the disred max. revolution. Just buy the Hyperdrive Propeller and get a Metr device for logging. You won’t regret it.

Okay thanks…i will try it…

Great! @superlefax I just orderd the hyperdrive. Hopefully the test for the folding prop will be good! Cheers