Flipsky's new waterproof 6384

Looks like a Flite prop
K

2 Likes

Nice (Gong ?) bag modification for efoil use. Gong Carbon mast ? Which wing setup ?

By @lishine : 6384 folding propeller 2 blades

Hi, could you consider making 2 types of propellers? Some that spin clockwise and others counter-clockwise?

Thanks

Sorry, disregard. I just noticed it was for a production prop.

If you are 3d printing the props you can just mirror a clockwise spinning prop to make it counter-clockwise or vice versa.

2 Likes

'Light Assist Season 2 - #10 by lishine
Asking in that post @Jezza about 6374 capabilities.

For reference, here are your posts and a graph that I could find only in my knowledge base. According to this, in the most demanding conditions, 3300W are needed, which the 6374 motor can apparently provide.

'Foil Drive Assist, DIY - #850 by Jezza
'Vesc tool settings - #26 by Jezza
'Current Draw

Previously you used Apex 6384 170kv.
The question is whether that Flipsky 6374 can meet all the assist needs.

Update - calculation of required power:
According to the graph - current 80A, voltage 36v => power 2900w
For 12s , 12x3.6=43.2, 2900/43.2=67A.
2900w is less than max 3600w for 6374 motor and 67A is less than max 75A

I have many, many motors! In the assist side:

• Maytech 6374 ‘waterproof’ (its terrible and loses sync above 70% throttle)
  • Cheap 6384 120Kv (I haven’t used it yet)
  • APS 6394 80Kv (I havent used it yet)
  • Apex 6384 170kv (works well and is just a rebranded Flipsky 170kv)
  • Flipsky 6374 Waterproof (Smooth as can be, never loses synch and is a dream to use as an assist and an efoil)
  • Flipsky 6384 140Kv Waterproof (Arrived yesterday, but quality is amazing and will use it in the next few days)

I’m very very impressed by the Flipsky waterproof motors!

3 Likes

Great!
Please report the difference. Is the 6384 worth the extra cost and weight?
Currently, on AliExpress, the 6384 costs 50% more than the 6374 and weighs more.

How do you treat that motor. Spray with corrosionX?

Yes it’s a monobloc gong V1.
I use it because it’s the lightest gong mast
it’s quite difficult to pass the cables through it because there is less space than the V2 monobloc.
I modified the rear to be able to install the new stab and also to be lighter

front wing : fluide XXL-T
stab : Sirus 50 and fluide H45

1 Like

Any Saite tested or owned ?

At the moment, seems that only Flipsky waterproof 6374 140kv can be ordered from Banggood.

No need to treat the flipsky. They treated properly and come with ceramic bearings. I just take the prop off and run them in fresh water after use.

I’ll report on the 6384 when I get a chance to use it.

1 Like

How did you manage to achieve 2 hours of runtime with a total weight of just 15 kg? My 2-hour battery alone weighs 11 kg, not including everything else. How many watt-hours is your battery? Also, when you mention 2 hours, is that the total time on the water or the actual time you’re powering the efoil motor?

1 Like

will the ceramic bearings last? i tested a normal 6384 engine and one bearing broke after just one lap. (because it is axially loaded) I only had 6S operation with a folding propeller.

Has anyone tried the included propeller? Is it worth buying?

Mine haven’t yet. The ceramics tend to break if you remove the rotor and put it back on. We’ll see how long they last on my units.

I 3d printed that prop and can run it on 10s and 12s. Currently I’m testing out a range off new props to see what they offer and which are best suited for different flavours of riding.

2 Likes

Do you have the stl for the flipsky propeller?

1 Like

… 30A*36v will not be enough to get on wing?

Bought mine 3 days ago on Ali for 126$ + 36$ VX 2 Pro and -23$ coupons.

Hello, I would also be interested in the propeller file.

Commercial solutions are not suitable for me because I need one to rotate in the opposite direction to the other for the tow that I have been preparing for some time

Regards

I used the following as a baseline:

Mirror the blades to get them in the opposite direction.
Then I drew up a new hub to fit the Flipsky.

Theoretically Flipsky should be sharing their prop as they have modified this design and are selling for commercial gain.

1 Like