Fliteboard prop alternative to FR?

No we made it with a different way.

Could you suggest a better propellor design tool, for building a 2 blade prop for a lower power foil assist?

These software are really difficult to master. I know it because I tried and didn’t succeed even though I’m pretty used to work with lots of different software for various 3D application.

I would suggest taking one of our verified and shared design to modify it. There is no shortcut though, you need to CFD it to know the prop parameters and if it’s going to be a good one. I know Ansys do have some great tools too, but Openfoam might already be a really good start if you manage to get the node up and running.

Thanks, was hoping for European supplier but have ordered now anyway :+1:

Hi,

which vesc do you use for 13S? The 60v one, potted?

Hello Frank,

do you have the contact details of the german dealer?

I am interessted in getting one as well,
My build is almost done, I have a flipsky 65161 motor and am looking for a good prop

thanks for the info

greetings waltair

41.65eu here:

This is the new one Flite is producing, which in comparison looks almost identical to the one Mauro @MaB created and shared with the community :

Link looks broken, but pictures speaks for themselves. Maybe Flite is using Javaprop to optimize their new prop as well.

hey guys! I got a Flite propeller but I need to drill a wider hole so it can fit my flipsky 12mm shaft. Anyone got an easy way to do it? I don’t have so much material to do so apart my 3D printer that could help me to make a “jig” but I’m lacking ideas.

The best is to find a friend with a metal lathe or going in a metalic workshop to avoid futur vibrations at 4500t/mn …
I 've got a drill press but I would not use itif I was you …the lathe is the only way to drill really in the center …

5 Likes

thank you Thierry, I will search that around me

Hi,

I just bought fliteboard prop, and I have flipsky 65161 motor with 12mm threaded shaft, did you drill the hole of the shaft to 5mm to put the fliteboard pin (delvierd with the propeller, 5mm diameter pin) or did you buy a 4mm diameter pin with the right length ?

I’m going to drill with a vertical drill the fliteboard prop, I thought I was supposed to drill at 12mm to get the prop on 65161 flipsky motor, and not 12.5mm, are you sure it is 12,5mm ?

Thanks

Nicolas

Hi,

I just bought fliteboard prop, and I have flipsky 65161 motor with 12mm threaded shaft, did you drill the hole of the shaft to 5mm to put the fliteboard pin (delvierd with the propeller, 5mm diameter pin) or did you buy a 4mm diameter pin with the right length ?

I’m going to drill with a vertical drill the fliteboard prop, I thought I was supposed to drill at 12mm to get the prop on 65161 flipsky motor, is it right ?

Thanks

Nicolas

I would adapt the pin instead of drilling out the pin hole. Either use a 4mmm pin with a bit of play or lathe a pin from 2 pieces, like this (diameter 3/5mm):

1 Like

There will be a new folding prop kit for waydoo efoils coming soon… It fits on 12mm shafts, so it will be adoptable on other motors as well :wink:

1 Like

What you easiest do is to buy an adjustable reamer kit, they can be found cheaply, normally threee reamers are needed to span between 10-12mm hole adjustments. It’s easy, produces a round, centered hole and you do it in steps until the propeller fits snugly on the axle. 12.5 mm hole diameter is too large.

1 Like

Thanks, very clear, I will buy a reamer kit

just released a new prop. this time a folding one.

1 Like

Do we have some data sets for the Mantafoils V3 prop (metr.at, …) ? How does the 3 blade version compare to the folding two blade ?

My solution to drilling out the bore of the flite prop to accept a 12mm shaft of the 65161. The 3d print keeps the drill and prop aligned. All you need is a 12mm drill bit, a battery drill and the print. Iv tested it in the water and it seems perfectly balanced.
https://www.printables.com/model/583026-flite-prop-drill-guide

3 Likes