Fliteboard prop alternative to FR?

Found a flite prop in the US for $45+9 shipping. Ordered one to give it a try.

https://perfectwave.com/product/flite-part-flite-efoil-propulsion-system-propeller-complete/

1 Like

It’s good, I did try it on 100kv and 120kv motor with 12S.

1 Like

@Ackermann which kV does the Flite prop prefer ? (on 12S)

Thanks!

You can run it on 100kv and 120kv. For 100kv around 37km/h and for 120 should be up to 40. Depends ofc also on wing

Gotcha, i’m a beginner (but accidentally have both motors, 100 and 120) and are about to wire the motor on the board, I am mostly interested in lower power usage, I guess the 100 would perform somewhat better then?

100kv and 120kv should have approximately the same power usage for the same torque/speed output. Even though the 100kv motor will require lower current for the same torque, it will also have higher resistance (thinner wires) so the resistive losses in the motor should stay approximately the same. The motor controller however will be more happy (cooler) with lower kv, but doesn’t count for much in the total efficiency.
If you want to lower power usage you should buy a efficient wing (high aspect ratio) and try to decrease hydrodynamic losses. (and loose some weight :sweat_smile:)
I am running 100kv motor, 13s battery and the manta prop and I am not able to go much above 30km/h. I also have the cheapest foil (alibaba), so I can’t complain…

Did you ever manage to get these up for sale?

Yes we sold already many with our efoils as well as spares.

https://mantafoils.ecwid.com/#!/Propeller-for-volt-efoil/p/287058472/category=110383358

Hello, I would like to order your prop, but first I would like to know what pitch does it have?

Pitch ratio 1. Diameter 150mm

So you used online Wageningen outdated database for this prop then. Works but not the best.

FYI, ratio 1 with 150mm dia means you have a 6,6” pitch prop (1/0.15).

No we made it with a different way.

Could you suggest a better propellor design tool, for building a 2 blade prop for a lower power foil assist?

These software are really difficult to master. I know it because I tried and didn’t succeed even though I’m pretty used to work with lots of different software for various 3D application.

I would suggest taking one of our verified and shared design to modify it. There is no shortcut though, you need to CFD it to know the prop parameters and if it’s going to be a good one. I know Ansys do have some great tools too, but Openfoam might already be a really good start if you manage to get the node up and running.

Thanks, was hoping for European supplier but have ordered now anyway :+1:

Hi,

which vesc do you use for 13S? The 60v one, potted?

Hello Frank,

do you have the contact details of the german dealer?

I am interessted in getting one as well,
My build is almost done, I have a flipsky 65161 motor and am looking for a good prop

thanks for the info

greetings waltair

41.65eu here:

This is the new one Flite is producing, which in comparison looks almost identical to the one Mauro @MaB created and shared with the community :

Link looks broken, but pictures speaks for themselves. Maybe Flite is using Javaprop to optimize their new prop as well.

hey guys! I got a Flite propeller but I need to drill a wider hole so it can fit my flipsky 12mm shaft. Anyone got an easy way to do it? I don’t have so much material to do so apart my 3D printer that could help me to make a “jig” but I’m lacking ideas.