Foil assist Kit waterproof 6374 motor + 100A V6 VESC + waterproof remote

I can pull a max of 3.5Kw. In theory that should provide enough to assist into a wave or with a SUP. But even with a 2000cm3 wing its not enough to get on the foil like an efoil. I need to measure the diameter and pitch of the prop I have though to see what its really sitting at.

Hi Jezza,

Thanks for the update.
About the epoxy holding the wires part, we will try find another type epoxy in the future.
About the rust, it should not the ceramic bearing, it might be the shaft, we will improve to 316 stainless steel in the future.

Btw, please better not dissemble the motor frequently, that could influence the motor waterproof performance.

Thank you for your feedback and advice, we will keep improving the products.

And if you have any other advices, feel free to let us know, we will do our best to make the products better.

Further Update (I should probably start a new thread)…

I hooked up the APD F3 120A ESC to the motor and gave it a shot. The only plus side is it didn’t lose synch, but it could not push more than 3.5KW through the motor. Once it was at 70% throttle (hits 3.5KW slightly earlier than ARC200) it did not speed up any more and just stayed at the same RPM at 100% throttle.

I think that the problem is not the esc but motor efficiency. You know motor torque is proportional to phase current up to saturation and if you’re reaching 3.5kW then the phase current should be high enough for efoil torque, (depends on the rpm though).

Either motor control is inefficient or motor is saturating so that the current mostly creates heat. Since you tried several esc:s now i’d bet on the motor. What rpm does it reach?

Yeah the motor is definitely saturated. It just can’t take on any more current! Max rpm was 2300 which is too low… I’ve ordered a different battle hardened 6384 170kv motor from another manufacturer to see how it compares… My guess though is that it will give me the power it needs to get up on efoil.

The maytech motor would in theory assist into a wave, but I want the power to burst me onto foil first without a wave…

Yes, as tested by @Pod , 120kv to 170kv did work for him under 6s…
'Foil Drive Assist, DIY - #679 by Pod

Hi Jezza,

The motor max power we stated is 3.5KW

Thats the interesting part… I haven’t actually measured the Maytech RPM as my RPM meter broke. But maybe that is the issue. Maybe its not really 150 and closer to 130. Time to order a new RPM meter…

Customer feedback

Last 4 Days 15% Discount:

My tachometer tells me this motor is 145 kv

Have you managed to get up on this motor?

I just received it, maybe I’ll try it this weekend.

N tacho = Xkv x (number of cells in series x indiv cell voltage) = Xkv x applied battery voltage
Xkv = N tacho / measured battery voltage

Not using the measured battery voltage could increase the motor kv by 24% (1/4.2)

Before measuring, I switched the battery to storage mode with a voltage of 3.8 v. per cell, 145 kv is the correct data.

So I’m getting 167Kv…

10S battery at 39.4V is getting 6614 RPM

1 Like

zzzz

my motor was doing this 6384 120kv. i used a slightly smaller prop with less pitch and i never saw it again. there must be too high a load on it, that causes the timing to desynchronize.

Latest feedback from customer, Maytech MTO6374-150-WPC waterproof motor: “at first I thought this doesn’t look like waterproof motor, NOW I see it is waterproof and so far the paint coatings on inside are better and very little rust forming” :sparkling_heart:🫶

This is where you show up and just make public you know absolutely nothing at all…

I can tell you right now that the coating on the maytech motor is weaker than the official foil drive motors and the motor has less power.

Simply put it’s just an inferior product with a lack of thorough design and testing.

Nothing pisses me off more than companies making non data backed claims…

2 Likes