Foil Drive Assist, DIY

@juandesooka the goal is to dissipate the heat into the sea. My board has a low volume so every time I stop the box is submerged. So as long as it does not fail, it’ll be good enough to ride for a couple of minutes, cooled again in a sec, while maintainance free and just as easy to install as before

As for the fittings, yes, it’s a flycolor marine esc and i could have used it, but I didnt want tubes with salt water inside. Also I don’t know how brass will behave in the long term if salt water is left inside. Galvanic corrosion might also clog the cooling line??

@Flightjunkie my setup weights 3.75 kg, but i have a bigger battery (16Ah vs 12Ah in the commercial foildrive). you can find all the specs here DIY electric foil assist. Steps+pictures+cad files . Seems that all 6374 and 6384 work fine, you just have to try different props until you find the one you like.

1 Like