Foil Drive Assist, DIY

:tada:
I am very glad today to receive the Molicel P42A baterries from Alibaba supplier !
I recommend this supplier, her name Anbor Huang, she marked my package as a low price and wrapped the batteries with a shrink as if it is battery pack :smiley:, so I did not pay customs. If you order, tell her about me - Pavel Ravits.
She gave me a good price -$ 3.5, including shipping to Israel it was $4.9.

The batteries voltage though is 3.55v , don’t know if it is good

1 Like

back on my Foil Assist build with a more effective POD, trying new things. still 8S3P- P42

1 Like

Pardon my ignorance Strongarm, but how do you bolt the motor to the pod? Also, what size dowels are you using?

1 Like

The Li-ion batteries are never stored fully charged. Therefore the voltage of 3.55v is OK.

1 Like

Hi, can you specify the supplier?

Thanks very much. These video tutorials are spot on :+1:

1 Like

Yes, batteries are never stored fully charged, but I thought they are stored at 3.75v

What do you mean by - specify ? I wrote her name and you can see the company name in the picture…

Yes, the more video tutorials - the better, it creates so much more confidence, that I can do it! Because I noticed that the more details of an implementation I know and visualize, the more confident I am in a design.
I haven’t found here videos of people showing their build process in details, maybe I didn’t look hard enough…

I’m curious if anyone is going to replicate that new 3 blade folding prop. I’m gonna try, but I’m pretty amateur at CAD.

1 Like

The PropellerKing EML one?

What material did you print the Pod?
How are the two pieces connect together?

Replicating the new Foildrive three blade.

I used PETG and heat pressed brass inserts to connect them together.

Could you ask at least some of your questions in personal messages? Personally, I go into a topic to learn something new. But at the moment it consists almost entirely of your questions and experiences. Thanks for understanding.

2 Likes

I was going to 3d print the mold and then pour in 2 part silicone to create the pod. For the connection to the motor you would over mold some inserts or a puck to attach to the motor.

Have a look at the files - the motor is attached using the standard m4 screws, but are installed on an angle so that the screw holes opening are against the mast, not coming out the front.

Ah yes, thanks, had done that a couple of weeks ago and forgot. Can see them from the front in stl viewer. Printed lever yesterday and got carried away with all the excitement!

This is covering your leash plug, so are you not using a leash?

Leash plug is not completely blocked
I just stopped using a leash on flat water.