Foil Video Thread

This guys insane.

Wow, this sport is progressing much, much quicker than I expected. These guys are all way past the lawn mowing stage! I take back a prior comment I made about why wing foil if you can kite. There are definitely some big advantages for the simpler launching, relaunching and safety aspects when you are pushing the limits, especially in waves.

They must be on the smaller side and in super human shape, because some of those crashes with feet in straps would absolutely destroy a mere mortal’s. I have tweaked and/or felt like I almost dislocated my ankle from way smaller foiling crashes with straps.

1 Like

4 new axis wings.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJBvSaSI5-E/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I want a hand wing again.

1 Like

My fav one yet. Dig the turns on the waves.

1 Like

coughmy Instagram link two posts upcough something caught in my throat I guess. :grinning:

The jump from and landing back into the wave at 46 seconds is really something.

These guys are getting some big air now. I guess it is just a matter of time until someone figures out how to loop a wing like a kite for major boosts.

I’m pulling together swedish winter meet 2021:grinning:

Snow+efoil=fun?

Great news! I think I taking it slow a couple of more week, but I have no problem with 0* water. Nice with Sauna though…
Was some drifting ice at my place last weekend. Think I will begin to start from harbour instead of walking 5 mins before ride.
Varberg would be nice.

I was thinking something with a bit of an archipelago or a meandering river someplace that’s deep but has curves to carve😀

surf in Varberg… wonder if the barge and i could man up to it

Video from last week’s tow in foil surf session. Having fun despite the small surf.

:call_me_hand:

3 Likes

First attempt to ride the Armstrong HA1125.

I call my style here the Drunken Monkey.

:rofl::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

[quote=“Flightjunkie, post:77, topic:10537, full:true”]
First attempt to ride the Armstrong HA1125.

I call my style here the Drunken Monkey.[/quote]
Interested to hear your thoughts on that foil! It looks like you could use a bigger wake and a little less speed.

I’ve had a few more rides on it. It’s challenging. I’m super impressed with it. I need to work on my pumping technique, I suck! But, I can tell the potential of this foil is great! :sweat_smile:

:call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Been done on a kite foil so I wouldn’t call it innovation.

1 Like

My french is limited to bedroom use, what is he talking about?

2 Likes

A low performace beginner foil at competitive price.
Whats new I would say are the soft edges on both mast&wing.
Comes with 35 & 55cm masts included. Mostly for rwntal shools I would say…

Any link to that foil?

The Olian is a decathlon brand, so try there. They also sell gen 1 Takumas