Fr 2019 motor system

It’s not fusion it’s tinkercad. It’s simple as LEGO, you can master it :slight_smile:

See the post above from @Michion with his Duct and Hub. Which motor do you have ? A threaded 12mm shaft, the smallest motor shaft end of both motor versions I guess if you are waiting for a FR prop.

1 Like

Michion, Your hub model does not fit my Flipski 65161. I ran in to this confusion with SamiSin also. There is a couple different Aft ends.

@MAC, that’s on you for buying the wrong motor🤪

Fine, fine, I’ll do it again to keep all you Mofos happy.

If you all just bought the reachertech, bla bla bla.

Give me a day or two.

1 Like

michion,
No worries. I almost have fusion figured out. What stumps me at the moment is, Neither of the drawings that I attached above match my motor. My motor shaft is 12mm, The seal area that sticks out on my motor has a small diameter of 28mm, and a large diameter of 38mm, extends 17mm.

All good. This one should fit either of the flipsky motors. Sounds like you have a mashup of both motors above. I didnt know about the one with the wider cone.

Plus I removed the space for the extra lip seal on the outside as the motor already has two, as I found out. Still has space for the 51101 thrust washer if you choose to use it.

9 Likes

Miichion,
Thank you very much. It is strange. I have not seen a drawing with a 12mm shaft that has the same nose as mine. I think FlightJunky has the same issue because he had to router away extra material. I had decided I was going to do the same thing he did.
I tried to change the model myself in fusion but I still don’t have the skill yet. Heading down to print it now. Thanks again.

I printed the hub today. It seems to be perfect. I still need to purchase screws before final install. Thanks again.

1 Like

Anyone know why the FR prop is built to rotate the opposite direction as most other props do?

Works better with a right handed thread on the set bolt. Just a guess. Shouldn’t matter with the drive pin restricting rotation.

Rotation direction is kinda arbitrary. Props are made in both left and right as can be seen on dual drive boats.

I think the reason we mainly see right props is because most are made for the outboard market which went for a right hand drive. This might be because of the mechanical architecture of an outboard engine.

Maybe, a prop spinning prop will always put a torque on a boat. Pulling the nose one way and the tail the other way. Maybe FR/Lift figured out the most people naturally apply a torque on a board. They choose the rotation to balance the torque.
You will notice on a small boat they always put the driver on the right side of the boat. If you put the driver on the left side with no passengers the boat tilts to the left on acceleration.

1 Like

IMHO, a prop turning left creates a self tightening moment on its bolt tightening clockwise.

That’s what I meant. “Works better”.

I like my theory. Maybe FR will chime in and set us straight.

Hello,

Yes, you have all right…

Automatic tighting screw
Beter fea0ling when you riding becuse its more naturl in your feet of you have force in left speening

2 Likes

Oups i am goofy…

2 Likes

Turn around the other way! :grinning:

1 Like

Hey @Flying_Rodeo, Were you going to do another run of props for flipsky motor? I’m down for one!

1 Like

Same! Also keen for one

1 Like

I’d take 5! Pretty please!