HT's First Build In Austria

I see an austrian trend here with the metr connection issue @nice2cu :smile:

2 Likes

I feel me now better because I am not the only one :joy:

Nice cold session today. Whats up with the GPS track only showing part of the ride?

Might be bad gps reception. Your speed is also not accurate, maybe you need to change your metr config to use gps for speed not rpm x wheel circumfence. You find it in the metr app under settings, “magic” , prefer gps.

Congratulations, nice results on a Labor day :wink:

What is the length of the water jet at take-off and max speed ?

For my latest ride I placed the Metr module outside of my aluminum box. It pretty much stayed connected the whole time.

There is a steady solid stream of water that comes out, defiantly stronger when I’m at full speed. Maybe three to six inches from the side of the board.

This was day four of riding. The pond was small so I got used to making turns quickly. Backside turns are a lot easier then front side turning.

4 Likes

Very nice one! Congrats, already looks like a very stable ride.
For me it helped to go to a bigger lake in the beginning so I could play around with foot placement and other things like take off and landing continuously without having to turn every few seconds!
Since I’m coming from a background of skateboarding, I also had my foot too much at the centerline of the board and was missing balance on the roll axis!

Check out this video of how to improve riding, it helped me:

Let’s have fun!

1 Like

I went super simple with my foam pad layout. The small dent in the middle of the forward part of the board is where my antenna extension is located. I covered that up with the foam pad and it works well so far.

Antenna Extension link

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000828285630.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.18b04c4dbRT5N0

2 Likes

Nice little sesh on Attersee. Using the FR new prop. Top speed 34kph with a Large GONG SURFOIL ALLVATOR RISE wing and 65cm mast

2 Likes

My Ac/Dc transformer for charging failed last night. I had to get creative and modify an old computer 650W ATX power supply unit to charge the batteries. 3 hours to charge from 3.5V to 4.15V two 6s14p packs.

OLD PSU NO GOOD

Another awesome ride on the Attersee. I finally have the Metr working well. Setup is a Gong SURFOIL ALLVATOR RISE wing , Maytech 65162 120kv, FR prop newest. 12s14p Battery.

2 Likes

Is any body using this Curve wing set up. Im thinking of getting this for my second build?

Update: I bought this in V1-GONG WINGFOIL ALLVATOR CURVE ALU/CARBON - L

https://www.gong-galaxy.com/en/product/gong-wing-foil-allvator-v2-curve-alu-carbon-3/?attribute_pa_taille=l-en

Killer Session on the Black Sea, I am still using the Maytech remote. No issues. I was able to send my batteries with a friend a week ago by car! I packed my board and checked it in as a surfboard.

3 Likes

What wing/ foil set up were you using?

Edit. i just saw you earlier post, never mind

Is it your friend who takes it back ?

Dead link. MAny riders here using Rise, Curve (couple of Veloce) mostly in M and L size (search function).

Curve MT, it’s good! Stab Smallest available for curve

Yes, they will also drive with the batteries back.