Hybrid Foils Nano Pod DIY

Hi,

Thanks. Yeah sorry i probably didn’t explain that very well.

I 3D scanned my mast, Then took a cross section of the mast where i want to have the pod situated and used this to create a mold tool for the silicone part. The mould tool is just 3D printed and then green part is injection molded using dental silicone. See below:

1 Like

Yep i did. See below.

I also am worried a solid version of this part wont work very well because the mould is a single cross section extrude, where as the actual mast is tapered. The silicone accounts for this nicely and just deforms but a solid print may not work.

The alloy version would be easy.

B

Awesome work and thanks for sharing. What is your strap?

I see…that makes perfect sense now. However, mould.making iwth CAD is betond ny abilities…lol
K

PETG + TPU

3 Likes

I didn’t realise it was a commercial product, worth a look:

'Foildrive Assist commercial alternatives around the globe - #11 by SoEFoil
or:

Looking good. Did you print the strap in TPU as well?

Yes, A93 and A95 work well.

1 Like

Looks great! TPU printing came out really nice. I’m really interested to know if the TPU printed strap stretches over time and looses elastic recovery.

For anyone wanting to know where the strap i used comes from:

$8 at our local hardware store. Super strong.

Just removed the buckle from the end by pulling the strap out from its slot. The overmoulded end of the strap is more than strong enough to stay captive in the back of the pod.

1 Like

Are you using the Foildrive motor or another brand of motor for this Pod?

Do you by any chance have a step file of the insert without the mast cutout? I have a few different masts I’d like to do an insert for. If not, I’ll just do a conversion and fill the existing one.

1 Like

Yep I can prob put that together pretty quickly. You just want an insert without any cutout as a step file?

That would be great, I have the same issue as Jezza. Thx.

Yes please that would be great thx.

Yes please. Thanks. 20char

Done. File in the linked folder in this thread. Enjoy!

Hi Jezza,

Done. Have uploaded the file here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_gZbIevo8b9YlcS2tm201-mK8BAKtPic?usp=sharing

2 Likes

Hi @MRUEM,

Done. See link below. Cheers

I believe Its actually the Foil drive motor which is produced by Saite, but not branded as FoilDrive. Purchased directly from them.