Hybrid Foils Nano Pod DIY

PETG + TPU

3 Likes

I didn’t realise it was a commercial product, worth a look:

'Foildrive Assist commercial alternatives around the globe - #11 by SoEFoil
or:

Looking good. Did you print the strap in TPU as well?

Yes, A93 and A95 work well.

1 Like

Looks great! TPU printing came out really nice. I’m really interested to know if the TPU printed strap stretches over time and looses elastic recovery.

For anyone wanting to know where the strap i used comes from:

$8 at our local hardware store. Super strong.

Just removed the buckle from the end by pulling the strap out from its slot. The overmoulded end of the strap is more than strong enough to stay captive in the back of the pod.

1 Like

Are you using the Foildrive motor or another brand of motor for this Pod?

Do you by any chance have a step file of the insert without the mast cutout? I have a few different masts I’d like to do an insert for. If not, I’ll just do a conversion and fill the existing one.

1 Like

Yep I can prob put that together pretty quickly. You just want an insert without any cutout as a step file?

That would be great, I have the same issue as Jezza. Thx.

Yes please that would be great thx.

Yes please. Thanks. 20char

Done. File in the linked folder in this thread. Enjoy!

Hi Jezza,

Done. Have uploaded the file here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_gZbIevo8b9YlcS2tm201-mK8BAKtPic?usp=sharing

2 Likes

Hi @MRUEM,

Done. See link below. Cheers

I believe Its actually the Foil drive motor which is produced by Saite, but not branded as FoilDrive. Purchased directly from them.

Many thanks! Got one done for the axis 16mm mast too.

1 Like

Hi,
Do you think it would be possible to print the green part in TPU and still give the same effect?
Taking it one more step I have a Naish mast which is 15mm wide, printing the Axis19mm design and then putting it on on the Naish mast with some dental silicone to get it to fit.
I’m not very good at CAD design, but if I gave myself a good solid kick up the ass, then I think I could modify the Axis design and then just print TPU. It is your design though would that be okay by you?
It’s just fantastic.

Solid kick in the ass achieved. I used a regular old scanner to scan the Naish profile in, traced it and extruded it etc… Need to print and test.

1 Like

Finished the pod’s inner section for a Naish y25 mast. I have only test-printed it in PLA but it fits nicely and looks balanced.
Here is the link if anyone wants to use it (as long as strongarm and foiling_moose do not object to it).
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-H1unmpSCmYG3SDguMtEd9mcdykiYl8i?usp=sharing
The link only contains the Naish y25 inner pod you will need the other files supplied above in this thread.
Thanks very much to both of you for the design. Also just a question with the TPU printing what level of infill did you use?

1 Like