Inflatable board MALA my second project

What are the dimensions of the hole please?

1 Like

Hi jezza

It would be very Nice If you like to share the 3D designs you made for the accubox so I can copie the files?

The cutout looks like this:
350x660mm

1 Like

stupid that die cutout is not a rectangle :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

and the price is?

Not at all stupid if you knew the design reasons for having it like thatā€¦

If you have a rectangle cutout the rear of the board has to be wider meaning more contact with the water making it slower and harder to release onto the foil. Additionally with a well designed battery, the hatch can still house a 14s14p battery and all other electronics. Yes it might make it more complex for a DIY project, but the boards were initially never intended for thatā€¦

The price is similar to Mala.

But not when you dou it like i :wink:

I like the design of the board, but I am searching for the same dimensions as the mala. So If there is someone else that can help me out to start my project it would be appreciatedā€‹:crossed_fingers::pray:

Which dimensions are those?

You are referring to something completely different here. It seems to be a design flaw around crashingā€¦

Iā€™m referring to board shape, hydrodynamics and initial release of the board off the water and onto the foil.

I not think so that a box like an rectangle or like your hole makes a big difference :crazy_face:

With an inflatable board, the box determines the outside shape of the board as thereā€™s a minimum thickness you can have. Having a rectangular box means straight rails and a wide back which translates to more drag.
I wanted the back of the board as thin with as less drag as possible, so designed the box accordingly.

Hi
I am searching since yesterday for the dimensions of the akkubox of the Mala, but i canā€™t find them. Can someone send me the dimensions, because jezza would like to know the dimensions?

I donā€™t care about the accubox. When you said you like the dimensions of the mala board, I thought you meant the entire board. I assume you like them because it looks simpler to build?

Exactly, it is simplier to build a mala board and I met Manu. So thats why I want the same dimensions as the mala.

1 Like

Itā€™s actually not harder to make at all, but it does depend on your skillset and construction techniques.

My 2 cents after building an inflatable board box is that ā€mala squareā€ or ā€jezza trapezoidalā€ hole is not so much the deciding factor in the box build

Fitting the battery you want is first, then making the lid opening large enough to insert battery and then achieving the tight seal, once that is done then following the general outline of the board opening is no biggie whichever box build method you choose :grinning:

4 Likes

But the design and premeditated sketches are so much simpler on a rectangular MALA-type case!

Please explain where they are simplerā€¦

How did you measure that your board is better?

Iā€™ve already explained that above, but it appears lost on youā€¦