Light Assist Season 2

I decreased already 160>150mm, foil drive official seems very low pitch to me

Printing blades now, easy test :metal:

1 Like

I measure the idle speed with a tachometer. I do not check the load speed because I do not know how to do it for a non-VESC ESC.

How cute
They are slightly too thin in this version, I will test and see how it goes.

Snap :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:
Might be worth to lower the ramp up times if they are fast now

My testing lasted a few seconds, until the first algae. The blades should be aluminum.

Did you receive one from Ali? Here is what I received :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

I printed the blades in a different orientation and tested them successfully today. I really liked them, they are quiet, have good thrust, and no cavitation. But at 70 percent efficiency is lost, speed does not increase, and pumping at 1201 is on the verge of stalling. I believe the blades straighten out at speed. I would really like to try them in aluminum.

What is the diameter and pitch for those blades? 12s/120kv?

58 pitch, 150 mm, 11s, 130 kv

1 Like

Strange. Such thing never happened for me.
Not yet received, but I have ordered from two places. Will see.

It is the first ever this kind of stuff happened to me from Aliexpress.

Bummer, as I Lost two weeks in shipping and so far I have no way to balance my pack. I you Can pm me where you ordered (store) I would be gratefull !

I have no high confidence in the cells to keep correct balance by themself based on the start condition of balancing :hot_face:

I will prepare a second pack with better matched cells.
I think even 35E could work, with a 30A total limit.
30q and 35E are available as salvage cells.

The post 2020 35E are very reliable and can handle more current, almost 15A continuous.

30Q are wonky and IR and self discharge all over the place.

From which store did you place your order?

I have placed orders from these stores.
I will probably collect the items tomorrow and report back.

You tell me in a few days :sweat_smile::skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

Here’s a piece of exclusive photo from the production of thousand-dollar foildrives, which one of the forum participants dreams of. Quick battery replacement? Forget it.

This is the alibaba foild drive unit, the design is a very cheap and dirty job.
Foil drive at least you can tell they use and love the product

Here, I received the actual ordered connectors from both stores…
So at least your know now that they are real :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ordered again from the first store, we will see, I chose the model “with ears” so the sent me ear nut :dizzy_face:

made a slightly thicker and 0.75 P/D ratio version

Quick and dirty print on A5 with 0.6 nozzle, less than 1h for 3 blades :

2 Likes

Prop was tested succesfully, it gives 3750 RPM in the water with the maytech, and feels smooth.
I had an easy start with full battery, and did 15 minutes of e-foil UP wind/ downwind pump.
Then wind died down and I landed, but for re-start I was already on LVC :dizzy_face: was a long paddle back to shore.

Edit

Temps in efoil mode were cool, max I saw on the remote was 35 celcius.
Cruising up wind took 20-22A, around 40v so around 800 watts with the png1300.
Signal was better, I filled the tracks with foam. I could sometimes get signal with the remote pushed to the nose of the board. Ithink I have to also fill the remote with foam to prevent any water on the signal path. You can see what I mean in the next photo.

Session almost did not happen. It’s not the first time I hear about this…

6 Likes

Yes, filling area around the antenna to displace water improves a lot the signal

1 Like