N 5. The Motor story.
My first motor back in 2018 was this Horrible piece of shit:
MP 56115 from Dongguan Freerchobby Model Co., (do not recommend doing any business with them)
They used to claim that it was 8 poles but it only has 6!
The rotors are allays unbalanced so it makes horrible loud noise and vibrates as crazy.
It is so poorly engineered that after a few minutes of running it with no load it would get so hot it is uncomfortable to hold in hand.
After a lot of trouble and desperation I managed to get it to spin in the closed loop mode under water.
A custom firmware for Flier ESC was needed.
As you can see in the video the motor is barely spinning on 50 volt 12 Amps.
So naturally feeding it more amps let me to burning 4 of such motors..
And that’s how my 2018 testing season ended.
In 2019 I managed to find another Inrunner:
53112 8 Pole 24 slot
This was a much better motor in every way possible:
True 8 poles.
Larger rotor than MP 56115.
Well balanced.
Better slot fill.
So I press fitted it into a custom made tube for better cooling:
And hurried to test it in the watter 
The current was limited in this test to 12 amps by the power supply.
Being pretty happy with the results I decided to up the ante… 20S and throttle to 80%.
20 Kg of static thrust was a great result. Unfortunately after this test the motor was fried.
I was still hopeful so I got a couple more of those motors in hope that a smaller prop may fix the problem.
And it did … sort of…
The first test fully assembled:
And the first water test 12s and 6 x 4 plastic 2 blade prop :
As you can see everything went fine except the speed was not there
so no foilling on my first attempt. (one of the possible issues could have been the absence of a pin to fix the prop in place so there probably was a slip there).
On my second attempt. The small plastic prop got broken so I threw the large 7.5 x 5a Yamaha prop at the last moment. The Battery was reconfigured to 20S, so with no current control on Flier it is not hard to guess what happens…
And that was the end of 2019 Testing season for me.
So I decided that not to torture the second 53112 motor I had an put it on my little brother’s eske8:
Where it runs happily with no problems.
The 2020 PLAN!
Here is my new 72mm designed from my experience Waterproof 12 slot 10 Pole inrunner motor.
I got myself a VESC 6+ Trampa. And a pair of new motors. The only thing missing is a low diameter high pitch prop.
I know this motor will be interesting to some of you so feel free to sugest a test I can do using a VESC6+ and a small indoor pool(really small) I have access to.